Chicago Skyway/I-90 Photos

Started by Max Rockatansky, August 26, 2017, 10:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Drove the Chicago Skyway for the first time in 16 years today. Suffice to say that it was substantially improved since that time, odd that the speed limit is still 45/55 MPH:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7kMw3Z

inkyatari

Kinda sucks that the McDonald's is long gone, but oh well.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: inkyatari on September 13, 2017, 12:06:49 PM
Kinda sucks that the McDonald's is long gone, but oh well.
and no high speed tolling to take it's place.

PurdueBill

The E-ZPass Express lanes are a total crock.  You see it, think oh, must be the no-stopping kind of thing if it's an Express toll lane that they shunt off to the left.  Nope, it's the same thing with stopping for a gate.  What a waste.

And for that, we had to tear down the McDonald's?  Bleah!

Max Rockatansky

And I was wondering what happened to that McDonalds....   I was looking forward to a quick stop for a breakfast sandwich after I ran downtown Chicago too.

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: PurdueBill on September 18, 2017, 07:33:45 PM
The E-ZPass Express lanes are a total crock.  You see it, think oh, must be the no-stopping kind of thing if it's an Express toll lane that they shunt off to the left.  Nope, it's the same thing with stopping for a gate.  What a waste.

I almost took out a gate in IN in one of the 15 MPH EZ-pass only lanes in IN I was thinking it was like IL and it would be gate free. Just to go gate!!!! and slam on the brakes.

tribar

Quote from: Joe The Dragon on September 20, 2017, 03:45:58 AM
Quote from: PurdueBill on September 18, 2017, 07:33:45 PM

I almost took out a gate in IN in one of the 15 MPH EZ-pass only lanes in IN I was thinking it was like IL and it would be gate free. Just to go gate!!!! and slam on the brakes.

It doesn't help that the ones on the ITR are white either.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.