News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Vehicle inspections

Started by signalman, September 03, 2009, 05:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Missouri has a safety inspection (every two years), and an emission inspection for St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, and Franklin Counties, plus St. Louis City.

algorerhythms

Quote from: mefailenglishMaryland has a vehicle inspection program.  But cars are inspected ONLY when they are titled and registered in the date.  After that, I guess they don't care.  Based on my one experience, it seems like a giant scam.  A car I bought in VA (where it had just passed inspection a week ago) somehow needed hundreds of dollars in repairs to pass inspection in Maryland.

Emission inspection is every other year, IIRC.  They print out a certificate at the emissions station which you're supposed to keep in the glove box with the registration and insurance cards.  But in 16+ years, I don't think anyone has EVER asked to see that certificate.
When I bought my current car, all I had to do was take it to a mechanic my dad knew, and the inspection went by without any problems at all.  :happy:

As for emissions testing, I'm fairly certain that varies by county, because one guy I know who is from Baltimore County has to have his car emissions tested every other year, but I've never had to have mine tested.

xcellntbuy

No vehicle inspections or emissions testing of any kind are performed in Florida.

realjd

Indiana doesn't, except for Lake and Porter counties. Those two counties are close enough to Chicago's pollution that residents have to do the federally-mandated emissions testing to get their car registered. I believe it's every other year they have to do this, and I don't think there is a sticker for it.

Here in Florida, none of our cities have enough air pollution to fall under the Clean Air Act's emissions testing requirements, and our state doesn't require it (anymore).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.