AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: The Rethink Interstate 794 Project  (Read 1357 times)

mgk920

• Last Login: Today at 11:22:41 PM
Re: The Rethink Interstate 794 Project
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2024, 01:21:11 PM »

I-794 would also be much more important today if the Park and Lake-South freeways were completed as originally planned.

Mike

Henry

• Last Login: Today at 10:22:35 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2024, 11:01:48 PM »

To many moviegoers, the greatest memory of I-794 will always be when the Blues Brothers evade the Nazis by pulling an Evel Knievel off a ghost ramp.

That said, I don't think the freeway will be removed, despite the big push to get it done.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

The Ghostbuster

• Last Login: Today at 11:02:06 PM
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2024, 04:22:39 PM »

Those Evel Kenivel ramps in The Blues Brothers (1980) would have led to a northern continuation of the Lake Freeway (Exit 1F on existing Interstate 794), but they were torn down and connected with Lincoln Memorial Drive in 1983: https://wisconsinhighways.org/milwaukee/lake.html. The Lake Interchange has since been reconfigured, and will likely undergo a second reconfiguration if one of the Freeway Improvement alternatives is chosen (which is what I hope happens to 794).

mgk920

• Last Login: Today at 11:22:41 PM
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2024, 12:42:56 PM »

Those Evel Kenivel ramps in The Blues Brothers (1980) would have led to a northern continuation of the Lake Freeway (Exit 1F on existing Interstate 794), but they were torn down and connected with Lincoln Memorial Drive in 1983: https://wisconsinhighways.org/milwaukee/lake.html. The Lake Interchange has since been reconfigured, and will likely undergo a second reconfiguration if one of the Freeway Improvement alternatives is chosen (which is what I hope happens to 794).

I strongly suspect that if the 'dismantle and not replace' option is chosen, that that resulting intersection will be a two-lane roundabout.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.