Regional Boards > Southeast

North Carolina

<< < (972/987) > >>

roadman65:
Lengthy detour I must admit.

Edit

I did find signs in the field on it though. Taken in September 2020.

NJRoadfan:
There are still ALT I-85 signs on US-64 from the construction years ago. They'll get around to removing them..... eventually. Also parts of NC-50 are signed as ALT I-40 too. Not a lengthy detour, but not the best of alternates being a 2 lane road in the area.

Takumi:

--- Quote from: NJRoadfan on June 28, 2022, 09:18:55 PM ---There are still ALT I-85 signs on US-64 from the construction years ago. They'll get around to removing them..... eventually. Also parts of NC-50 are signed as ALT I-40 too. Not a lengthy detour, but not the best of alternates being a 2 lane road in the area.

--- End quote ---
When I was coming back from Greenville about a year ago there was still an ALT I-85 sign on I-95 in Roanoke Rapids.

roadman65:
https://goo.gl/maps/A3xVTF6LiAeEhi8Y6

Hope this anomaly goes away with the I-587 sign replacement.The shields and the guide contradict each other.

Dirt Roads:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on June 29, 2022, 10:42:33 AM ---https://goo.gl/maps/A3xVTF6LiAeEhi8Y6

Hope this anomaly goes away with the I-587 sign replacement.The shields and the guide contradict each other.

--- End quote ---

It's confusing, but they don't contradict.  US-258 is multiplexed with I-587 between Exit 63 (the one you posted) and Exit 66.  So if you get off on Exit 63 looking for northbound US-258 you'll simply get to the bottom of the offramp and find a trailblazer to go straight through to get back onto the freeway.  Indeed, the BGS for this exit should be marked for South US-258 and it would be even less confusing if there was a pull-thru BGS over the left lane for "East I-587" and "North US-258".  But alas, US-258 is a minor road in both North Carolina and Virginia (lesser status than most of the state routes intersecting it), and I doubt that such confusion will warrant a fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version