Regional Boards > Southeast

North Carolina

<< < (979/987) > >>

fillup420:

--- Quote from: cowboy_wilhelm on August 05, 2022, 08:39:15 AM ---It looks like I-40 construction in Orange County may be ramping up soon. There are lots of survey stakes along the roadway, and some cones, barrels and portable DMS are beginning to show up.

--- End quote ---

I wish the solo I-85 section in Orange would get attention first. Its narrow and has several substandard ramps. I-40 is okay being 4 lanes total for the time being; at least its already built to modern geometry standards.

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: fillup420 on August 05, 2022, 01:25:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: cowboy_wilhelm on August 05, 2022, 08:39:15 AM ---It looks like I-40 construction in Orange County may be ramping up soon. There are lots of survey stakes along the roadway, and some cones, barrels and portable DMS are beginning to show up.

--- End quote ---

I wish the solo I-85 section in Orange would get attention first. Its narrow and has several substandard ramps. I-40 is okay being 4 lanes total for the time being; at least its already built to modern geometry standards.

--- End quote ---
It has to do with traffic volumes.

I-40 gets up to 64,000 AADT on the 4 lane section, I-85 only gets up to 46,000 AADT.

Ultimately, both corridors should be expanded to at least 6 lanes, but I-40 is a higher demand.

cowboy_wilhelm:
Third summer taking photos of the Wade Ave. bridge being constructed at I-440.

In addition to being a tight radius, the future ramp to I-440 looks like it will be rather steep.... I'm guessing they will start to build up the grade a bit beneath the overpass.

cowboy_wilhelm:
Upcoming public meetings for widening I-85 in Gaston County north/east of US 321. New project maps are available here. Estimated construction 2024-2030.

Mr. ENC:
Idk if this has been posted but the exit numbers from 264 have been changed to match the new I-587 starting at the US 64 exit, even tho I-587 is only signed up to I-95.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version