News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Los Angeles Area Freeways

Started by Plutonic Panda, May 10, 2022, 08:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutonic Panda

Thread to discuss certain issues and projects not related to any one freeway.

Here's a new initiative from Caltrans to identify needs for several corridors which include mass, active, as well as GP, HOV, and HOT lanes. Given there is thread for mass transit I'd keep that conversation to a minimum.

Here are the freeways in question:

Currently District 7 is initiating the following Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plans (CMCPs):

Interstate 10 (from SR 1/SR2 TO EAST LA Interchange) — Shefa Bhuiyan
Interstate 5 (from LA/Orange County Line to Route 60) — Rawan Al-Jamal
U.S. Route 101 (I-110 to I-405) — Rawan Al-Jamal
State Route 91 (Route 110 to LA/Orange County Line) — Charles Lau
Interstate 110 (Gaffey Street to I-5) — Cassandra Carlin

Here's the project website: https://dot.ca.gov/caltrans-near-me/district-7/district-7-projects/d7-cmcp

There's two studies available to take one about sharing your ideas for the 101 and the other the 110.

M3100

Of these routes, the only ones I travel with any frequency are the 91 and 110.

Southbound 110 tends to become really congested in the afternoons around the I-405 interchange.

Plutonic Panda

Oh boy, I think we have a winner for one of the most ridiculous, disingenuous anti-freeway articles I've ever read: https://la.streetsblog.org/2022/05/20/metro-leadership-making-it-an-annual-tradition-to-lie-about-freeway-expansion-budget/#disqus_thread

Written by none other than the wonderful Joe Linton.

Max Rockatansky

I mean, were you expecting something different from LA Street Blog?

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 23, 2022, 05:58:51 PM
Nope. But I was surprised by the amount of just flat out false information posted in that article. Usually he'll spin things but there were tons of flat out lies.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on May 23, 2022, 06:00:41 PM
Nope. But I was surprised by the amount of just flat out false information posted in that article. Usually he'll spin things but there were tons of flat out lies.

But that's just it, LA Street Blog caters to a particular readership with a particular set of values.  Looking for unbiased journalism there just isn't ever going to be a thing.  It begs the question, why bother reading?

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 23, 2022, 06:02:59 PM

But that's just it, LA Street Blog caters to a particular readership with a particular set of values.  Looking for unbiased journalism there just isn't ever going to be a thing.  It begs the question, why bother reading?
Yeah you're not wrong. Usually I don't read SB. Couldn't resist the urge today seeing that headline.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on May 23, 2022, 06:06:51 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 23, 2022, 06:02:59 PM

Yeah you're not wrong. Usually I don't read SB. Couldn't resist the urge today seeing that headline.

But that's just it, they have to rely on a inflammatory headline to hook people into reading.  A site like LA Street Blog can't retain it's readership if it isn't trying to be sensational. 

Plutonic Panda

And now the I-710 widening/improvement project is officially canceled: https://lbpost.com/news/metro-board-ends-effort-to-widen-710-freeway

Next up, the I-605 improvement project.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.