Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois Hiway map 2021-22

(1/6) > >>

PickupMan:
The new Illinois highway map for 2021-22 is out (late again) and online. Once again it's disappointing in appearance. I'd sure like to know how much more, or less, this map cost versus the maps of yore. Also makes me question the braintrust behind it's production.

ilpt4u:
My #1 criticism: IL 390 is “green” not “yellow” as in is coded as a Freeway, not a Tollway. That is a bit misleading…

Crash_It:

--- Quote from: PickupMan on May 25, 2022, 01:26:17 PM ---The new Illinois highway map for 2021-22 is out (late again) and online. Once again it's disappointing in appearance. I'd sure like to know how much more, or less, this map cost versus the maps of yore. Also makes me question the braintrust behind it's production.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't look bad to me, pretty accurate except for that one oversight.

GaryV:
It must have been delayed while they were looking for a picture of a hill to put on the cover.
 :poke:

Henry:

--- Quote from: ilpt4u on May 26, 2022, 12:48:25 AM ---My #1 criticism: IL 390 is “green” not “yellow” as in is coded as a Freeway, not a Tollway. That is a bit misleading…

--- End quote ---
They're probably doing the opposite of Rand McNally's practice of marking roads as open/converted several months in advance. IL 390 will eventually connect to I-490, which is currently constructed as an actual Tollway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version