News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

RIP Pascual Perez, Mr. I-285

Started by DandyDan, November 02, 2012, 06:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyDan

I somehow think this is appropriate for a forum about roads since Pascual Perez had the nickname of I-285, as in the road that surrounds Atlanta.  This is because on August 19, 1982, he missed a start for the Braves because he was driving around Atlanta on I-285 looking for Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.  Anyway, sadly, he was stabbed to death in the Dominican Republic. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8579620/pascual-perez-former-mlb-pitcher-killed-age-55-dominican-republic

MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Grzrd

In Atlanta, I-285 is known as "The Perimeter".  After the missed start, he was commonly referred to as "Perimeter Perez".

The linked ESPN article does not address the real significance of his missed start.  The Braves were in contention for the playoffs that season after years of inept futility.  They hit a losing streak where they started playing tightly and the streak hit somewhere in the neighborhood of 19 games.  Then, Perez missed the start.  The Braves clubhouse thought it was hilarious that he went in circles on the Perimeter and it broke the tension.  They then proceeded to go on a winning streak of something in the neighborhood of 21 games.  They did make the playoffs.

texaskdog

Not to be confused with Dale Sanderson, Mr. US-285.

agentsteel53

QuoteThe precise cause of death has not been determined but officials said Perez, who had suffered severe kidney problems in recent years, had a fractured skull from blows to the head.

and this is why traditional reporting is on its way out.  what the Hell does a chronic medical condition have to do with being murdered?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on November 02, 2012, 09:45:17 AM
QuoteThe precise cause of death has not been determined but officials said Perez, who had suffered severe kidney problems in recent years, had a fractured skull from blows to the head.

and this is why traditional reporting is on its way out.  what the Hell does a chronic medical condition have to do with being murdered?
We're talking SEVERE kidney problems.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.