News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Superbowl (SF vs. Balt.)

Started by US 41, January 31, 2013, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

The superbowl is almost here. Is anyone looking forward to it. Any game predictions. I think SF will win.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Brandon

Mods, should this be moved to "Sports"?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

US 41

Quote from: Brandon on January 31, 2013, 11:02:24 AM

Sorry I didn't know there was a sports section in the off topic. I'm new (only been on for less than a week.). I was knidof wondering why theere was't any sports talk on the off topic board. I just figured sports was off topic. Sorry. :pan:
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Brandon

Quote from: US 41 on January 31, 2013, 11:29:02 AM
Quote from: Brandon on January 31, 2013, 11:02:24 AM

Sorry I didn't know there was a sports section in the off topic. I'm new (only been on for less than a week.). I was knidof wondering why theere was't any sports talk on the off topic board. I just figured sports was off topic. Sorry. :pan:

Well, it is off-topic, but it has its own sub-board under Off-Topic.  :pan:
BTW, welcome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

KEK Inc.

Well, that power outage was interesting.  Definitely helped the 49ers.  Their comeback almost made them win.
Take the road less traveled.

kphoger

I love how everyone assumes it was the power outage that helped the 49ers play better...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kurumi

I thought it was a nice touch for the NFL to bring back the replacement refs to officiate the game.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

bugo

KEK Inc.

Quote from: kphoger on February 04, 2013, 07:30:32 PM
I love how everyone assumes it was the power outage that helped the 49ers play better...

I think it helped.  The Ravens lost their momentum they had during -- Flacco was down for 84 minutes.
Take the road less traveled.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

kphoger

Quote from: KEK Inc. on February 05, 2013, 04:46:04 AM
Quote from: kphoger on February 04, 2013, 07:30:32 PM

I think it helped.  The Ravens lost their momentum they had during -- Flacco was down for 84 minutes.

Or the Ravens would have fizzled and the 49ers picked up their gave either way..
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Alps

Quote from: SSOWorld on February 05, 2013, 04:25:17 PM
Quote from: Stalin on February 05, 2013, 01:37:36 AM
That ball was uncatchable.
Doesn't matter on holding calls.
As a Niners fan, I'll admit that they weren't calling much of anything all day long. Just because that one non-call happened to particularly be the death knell for the Niners makes it stand out more, but it's no more egregious than some of the others that went both ways. The important thing is that the refs were consistent in terms of a hands-off approach.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Steve on February 05, 2013, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on February 05, 2013, 04:25:17 PM
Quote from: Stalin on February 05, 2013, 01:37:36 AM
That ball was uncatchable.
Doesn't matter on holding calls.
As a Niners fan, I'll admit that they weren't calling much of anything all day long. Just because that one non-call happened to particularly be the death knell for the Niners makes it stand out more, but it's no more egregious than some of the others that went both ways. The important thing is that the refs were consistent in terms of a hands-off approach.

As a Ravens (and Landover Redskins) fan, I am very appreciative that Colin Kaepernick does not play on a team in the AFC North or the NFC East.

That guy is scary good now, and he's only going to get better.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.