News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Kentucky suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Started by brownpelican, March 19, 2013, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownpelican

They were bounced in the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris. ROBERT MORRIS.

Now we know they didn't belong in the big dance.

amroad17

OMG!!!!  :wow:  Although I'm not a diehard Kentucky fan (GO ORANGE, maybe, depending on which team shows up), they should have beaten, who was that again?  Oh yeah, Robert Morris.  BTY, where is Moon, PA? [looking it up]

Just outside of Pittsburgh.

It was a bit odd that I was talking to a Kentucky fan at work and he mentioned they were playing at some 3,000-seat venue in PA.  I jokingly asked if they were playing Duquesne.  Turns out I wasn't too far off. :-D
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

algorerhythms

Quote from: amroad17 on March 20, 2013, 06:54:40 AM
OMG!!!!  :wow:  Although I'm not a diehard Kentucky fan (GO ORANGE, maybe, depending on which team shows up), they should have beaten, who was that again?  Oh yeah, Robert Morris.  BTY, where is Moon, PA? [looking it up]

It was a bit odd that I was talking to a Kentucky fan at work and he mentioned they were playing at some 3,000-seat venue in PA.  I jokingly asked if they were playing Duquesne.  Turns out I wasn't too far off. :-D
I think I remember the college I went to (St. Vincent) playing Robert Morris at some point while I was still there. I don't remember who won, though.

Alps

Quote from: amroad17 on March 20, 2013, 06:54:40 AM

Moon is notable as the bypassed non-freeway portion of PA 60 that became I-376.

hbelkins

Robert Morris is also Adam Prince's alma mater.

They played like they wanted it. UK played like they didn't want to be there. Trust me, the outcome was not totally unexpected by Big Blue fans.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on March 20, 2013, 11:49:22 PM
Robert Morris is also Adam Prince's alma mater.

They played like they wanted it. UK played like they didn't want to be there. Trust me, the outcome was not totally unexpected by Big Blue fans.
Still a nice outcome for Robert Morris, who has historically been frustrated at the playoff level. They will always look at this as a signature win.

amroad17

Let's see if Coach Cal can get these McDonald's All-Americans to play together next season. 
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

jp the roadgeek

UK lost to a team that lost to my alma mater at home:  The CCSU Blue Devils.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

US 41

Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.