News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Cowboys Stadium naming rights sold to......

Started by txstateends, July 25, 2013, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txstateends

\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

ARMOURERERIC

1995hoo

All the more reason I'm sticking with Verizon!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

mgk920

Well, Jerry Jones has to pay for that pleasure palace somehow!

:-P

(Don't look now, but Lambeau Field now seats more fans than this one - the capacity difference is due to the fact that the Cowboy stadium can hold well over 20K in standing room).

Mike

triplemultiplex

Quote from: mgk920 on July 28, 2013, 01:05:09 PM
(Don't look now, but Lambeau Field now seats more fans than this one - the capacity difference is due to the fact that the Cowboy stadium can hold well over 20K in standing room).

Without anyone really noticing, Green Bay has slowly turned Lambeau into the 3rd largest venue in the league.  And all without sticking taxpayers with the bill.

Big John

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 30, 2013, 03:26:24 PM

Without anyone really noticing, Green Bay has slowly turned Lambeau into the 3rd largest venue in the league.  And all without sticking taxpayers with the bill.

There is a 0.5% county sales tax still in effect to fund the 2003 improvements.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Big John on July 30, 2013, 03:52:12 PM

There is a 0.5% county sales tax still in effect to fund the 2003 improvements.

I thought that was all paid for by that big stock sale thing they did in the 90's.
My bad.

mgk920

That sales tax is expected to be retired within the next few years, too.  It is running well ahead of schedule.

Mike

cpzilliacus

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on July 26, 2013, 06:12:40 PM
The Vagasil deal fell through?

A deal with Ex-Lax would have been better, IMO. 

Ex-Lax boxes even approximate the Cowboy team colors. 
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

bugo

Quote from: mgk920 on July 28, 2013, 01:05:09 PM

Love 'em or hate 'em (I kind of like them and usually root for them) the Packers have it figured out and they are a classy organization who is in it for the community, not cold profits.

bugo

It still is, and will always be "Cowboys Stadium" (or if you want to get cute then "Jerry's World") to me.  They can change the "official" names of things all willy nilly if they want to but I'm going to call things by their real names.  Sears Tower in Chicago is a good example.

Henry

Quote from: bugo on August 02, 2013, 08:40:50 AM
It still is, and will always be "Cowboys Stadium" (or if you want to get cute then "Jerry's World") to me.  They can change the "official" names of things all willy nilly if they want to but I'm going to call things by their real names.  Sears Tower in Chicago is a good example.
Amen!

IIRC, this will be the third sports building in North America to carry the AT&T name (the baseball park in San Francisco and the basketball arena in San Antonio are the other two).
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Roadmaestro95

Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on October 11, 2013, 09:26:56 AM
They should've named it after Alanland.
I think the Rangers' defense is on vacation there... along with the NY Giants.

msubulldog

I actually thought a gigantic petrochemical enterprise headquartered in the Dallas area would have the Cowboys stadium named after it.
"But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."
Matt 7:14, NLT

Roadmaestro95

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2013, 06:09:59 PM
Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on October 11, 2013, 09:26:56 AM
They should've named it after Alanland.
I think the Rangers' defense is on vacation there... along with the NY Giants.
Along with their offenses...no luck for me is there?
Hope everyone is safe!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.