News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Groups with multiple lead vocalists

Started by hbelkins, July 15, 2021, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: roadman65 on July 21, 2021, 04:52:06 PM
I have trouble telling David Gilmore and Roger Waters apart in Pink Floyd.

I didn't have any trouble with these two once I learned which was which. Waters usually has a higher-pitched grating voice while Gilmour is usually more on the lower, smoother end. Richard Wright also co-led vocals on "Time" and full lead vocals on "Wearing the Inside Out".
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Takumi

I want to say the Cars' similar sounding vocalists was done intentionally, in case one of them left the band. It ended up working well for the 2010 reunion after Ben's death.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

achilles765

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 21, 2021, 09:54:39 AM
Quote from: achilles765 on July 18, 2021, 01:52:20 AM
Surprised no one has mentioned The Band.
Rick Danko, Levon Helm, and Richard Manuel all sang, sometimes on the same song. Even Robbie Robertson did vocals on a couple of tracks. Really, the only one who never sang was Garth Hudson.

Does Bob Dylan qualify for a lead singer for The Band?

I would say technically no...
because they were his backing band in '66-'67, then Basement Tapes was unreleased until 1975... the only album in which he could be thought of as lead singer of the band would be "Planet Waves," but by then they had already established themselves as a separate musical act. And even on that album, they were just the backing band, they didn't write any of the songs nor sing. 
I think of them as two separate musical acts that sometimes worked together
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.