News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Texas highways 40 and 47

Started by bugo, October 23, 2017, 04:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

According to the Texas state highway map and the Texas Highway Designation Files, TX 40 begins at TX 6 southeast of College Station and heads northwest, ending at FM 2154. TX 47 begins at TX 21 and heads southeast, ending at FM 60. It seems strange that these state highways end at farm roads. Are there plans on extending either of these highways further? TX 47 in particular looks like it could be extended south and east.

Also, what's the deal with TX 308? It begins at FM 60 and heads northwest, ending just short of Villa Maria Road, which isn't even a state highway.

The road system is weird in the College Station area. I could make an Aggie joke, but it wouldn't be very funny.

Scott5114

There are a lot of weird endings like that in Texas. Some degree of weirdness is to be expected with a system that large, but even so, TxDOT doesn't really seem to go out of its way to prevent it sometimes.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Otto Yamamoto

Quote from: bugo on October 23, 2017, 04:23:44 AM
According to the Texas state highway map and the Texas Highway Designation Files, TX 40 begins at TX 6 southeast of College Station and heads northwest, ending at FM 2154. TX 47 begins at TX 21 and heads southeast, ending at FM 60. It seems strange that these state highways end at farm roads. Are there plans on extending either of these highways further? TX 47 in particular looks like it could be extended south and east.

Also, what's the deal with TX 308? It begins at FM 60 and heads northwest, ending just short of Villa Maria Road, which isn't even a state highway.

The road system is weird in the College Station area. I could make an Aggie joke, but it wouldn't be very funny.
TX 308 has been like that since Hector was a pup. I noticed that in 1978 when I lived there.

P00I

Perfxion

Farm roads are state highways, so state highways ending at other state highways isn't that weird. Problem is Texas is big and their are too many numbers needed so weirdness is expected.
5/10/20/30/15/35/37/40/44/45/70/76/78/80/85/87/95/
(CA)405,(NJ)195/295(NY)295/495/278/678(CT)395(MD/VA)195/495/695/895

bugo

Quote from: Perfxion on October 24, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
Farm roads are state highways, so state highways ending at other state highways isn't that weird. Problem is Texas is big and their are too many numbers needed so weirdness is expected.

But state highways don't typically end at farm roads.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.