News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Stars Next to our Names

Started by JoePCool14, February 18, 2014, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: Alps on February 19, 2014, 06:40:38 PM
Considering I'm at 33 days with over 7x your # of posts - and I read EVERY post just about every day - maybe.

This almost doesn't make sense: I'm at 32-33 days, with one-fifth of the posts and two years less time since registration. I've likely read 20% of the forum's total posts...if even that much. I don't doubt my own number, but I guess it's not perfect, or you're one helluva quick reader. That, and I Google half of what I'm reading if I don't geddit.

(Maybe I'm inadvertently spending 10-14 minutes per page between doing other tasks and/or distractions...)

Brandon

41 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes as of this for me, but I tend to read much more than I post.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jeffandnicole

Apparently, I must be really tired during the 4am & 5am hours.  If I have posted during those hours, it's been so few the bar graph doesn't register anything.

Oddly enough, I have a minor spike at 3am. Must be sleep walking.

nexus73

Quote from: hbelkins on February 19, 2014, 02:04:43 PM
Quality beats quantity any day of the week. Except in Alanland.

In WWII the phrase was "Quantity has a quality all it's own!".  That was in reference to the massive production numbers rang up by the US and USSR. 

Besides, I needed another excuse to post to get to the Blue Star Highway category...LOL!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

signalman

40 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes for me.  I don't even have 400 posts in all that time logged in.  I most certainly read more than I write.  I'd have more posts, but I admit that my knowledge is lacking compared to many on here.  Other times, another member had already posted what I would have said; leaving me no reason to say the same exact thing.

Zeffy

Quote from: signalman on February 20, 2014, 03:40:07 PM
40 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes for me.  I don't even have 400 posts in all that time logged in.  I most certainly read more than I write.  I'd have more posts, but I admit that my knowledge is lacking compared to many on here.  Other times, another member had already posted what I would have said; leaving me no reason to say the same exact thing.

Don't worry, compared to some people on here I'm downright stupid with my knowledge on roads. Trying to change that though. Slowly...
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

corco

Oops, this means I've spent approximately 8% of the last five years refreshing the forum

Duke87

According to the graph, most of my posting happens in the 6 PM to 11 PM hours... of course I could have told you that. Earlier I'm at work during the week (I never go on this site at work), later I'm likely asleep.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

hotdogPi

Most of my posting gets done between 2 PM and 10 PM.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

froggie

Looks like I have a more even temporal-distribution of posts compared to those who have mentioned it (and probably more than most forum members), including several posts during the 11pm-6am timeframe.  I can thank #LifeAtSea for that.  My top hour appears to be 7am.

Zeffy

Looks like my top hour is 11 AM and 12 PM. Makes sense, since that is when I usually wake up on the weekdays.

Also, 60% of my posts are in the Road Related Illustrations board (688). That's... kind of ridiculous. Then it's 14% in Traffic Control, and another 9.5% in General Highway Talk (164 and 110 respectively).
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Molandfreak

One member on the top 10 most time spent list has never posted! :wow:
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

vdeane

My top time is 11am/12pm, probably due to my habit in college (and during my internship) of reading/posting while I eat lunch.

Actually, I'm eating lunch now.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

corco

Quote from: Molandfreak on February 23, 2014, 01:41:15 PM

Yeah, sup homie? Show yourself.

sammi

I bet that guy only ever signed up for Alanland. :pan:

Total time spent: 20 days ~15 hours as of this post. I'm most active between 6 pm and 12 am, which is my usual free time except on Thursdays (when I have class until 9 pm). I'm also generally in chat between 8 pm and 11 pm, again except on Thursdays. My posts are mostly in Road-related Illustrations, because I like (and sort-of specialize in) making signs. My knowledge of other roadgeek topics is lacking though. :/

And this post bumps me into .

KEVIN_224

Congrats Sammi! :D

To be honest, I've never truly given that a look myself. Let me see what it says for me now. I will edit this shortly...

Hmmm...it's only my 491st post? Darn! Time to get crackin'!  :-/

vtk

Looks like I've got several hundred to go before I hit Freeway...
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

ET21

Quote from: hbelkins on February 19, 2014, 02:04:43 PM
Quality beats quantity any day of the week. Except in Alanland.

So true
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Molandfreak

Quote from: corco on February 23, 2014, 07:58:45 PM
holy crap it's the NSA.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Brandon

Quote from: Molandfreak on February 24, 2014, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: corco on February 23, 2014, 07:58:45 PM
holy crap it's the NSA.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Duke87 on February 19, 2014, 11:12:24 PM
Quote from: 1 on February 19, 2014, 10:04:19 PM
I believe the cutoff is 15 minutes.

Yep, 15 minutes.

Furthermore, if you stay on a single page for more than 15 minutes, it does not give you 15 minutes of logged in time. It gives you 0 minutes of logged in time. You go over the limit, you lose it all.

That is correct.

CNGL-Leudimin

My most active hours are 2 to 5 PM ET/8 to 11 PM CET. Only the 408th post here...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Duke87

Oh look, new banners for this!

Nice job whoever did it. Although seeing an Oklahoma turnpike shield under my name is a bit weird seeing as I have never driven on one and have only been to that state once. :P
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Duke87 on May 05, 2014, 11:03:35 PM
Oh look, new banners for this!

Nice job whoever did it. Although seeing an Oklahoma turnpike shield under my name is a bit weird seeing as I have never driven on one and have only been to that state once. :P

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12287.0 ;)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.