Regional Boards > Northeast

NYC Roads

<< < (226/228) > >>

bluecountry:
That ramp from 95 to the HRD south, any plans to actually pave it?  Condition is awful.

Declan127:

--- Quote from: bluecountry on July 05, 2022, 01:49:16 PM ---That ramp from 95 to the HRD south, any plans to actually pave it?  Condition is awful.

--- End quote ---

From my experience, the DOT takes quite a while to pave roads, no matter how important. There was quite a while where the Broad Channel approach to the Cross Bay Bridge and North Conduit Avenue and the Exit 1W ramp from the Van Wyck were both unpaved, and then equally as long unstriped.

cockroachking:

--- Quote from: bluecountry on July 05, 2022, 01:49:16 PM ---That ramp from 95 to the HRD south, any plans to actually pave it?  Condition is awful.

--- End quote ---
Nothing has changed since February.

Pete from Boston:
With today’s announcement of the death of James Caan, I’m curious, does anyone know if the details of the toll booth are based in any late-1940s Greater New York reality? Like these ‘toll paid’ lights, for example.

Ted$8roadFan:

--- Quote from: Pete from Boston on July 07, 2022, 08:10:57 PM ---With today’s announcement of the death of James Caan, I’m curious, does anyone know if the details of the toll booth are based in any late-1940s Greater New York reality? Like these ‘toll paid’ lights, for example.

--- End quote ---

This may provide some context:

https://godfather.fandom.com/wiki/Jones_Beach_Causeway

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version