News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Janesville/Beloit road meet: September 3, 2022

Started by Nikolai, March 23, 2022, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose your favorite meet dates.

Saturday, August 27
6 (37.5%)
Saturday, September 3
7 (43.8%)
Sunday, September 4
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: June 21, 2022, 08:52:10 PM

Nikolai

Janesville and Beloit, Wisconsin are central to the recently completed I-39/90 expansion project. We'll take a look at related and unrelated road sights in the area, including:

• The combination stack and diverging diamond interchange where I-43 meets I-39
  • The collector-distributor lanes on I-39 in north Janesville
  • The Ironworks Riverwalk bridge

Here's the map of the attractions we'll be seeing.

We'll begin with lunch at 11:30 at Doc's in Beloit, and start the meet there around 12:30. At the end, I'll have an optional visit to Uptown Janesville for the retail geeks.

RSVP in the Facebook event or just let me know you're attending here.

A.J. Bertin

I'm very interested in attending.  I voted for September 10 because it's far enough away, timewise, from the Philadelphia meet that I'm also planning on attending... and I'm not sure how I feel about Labor Day weekend (although I won't rule out attending if that's when it's held).
-A.J. from Michigan

JREwing78

My commute to the meeting point is maybe 10 minutes. Fairly good chance I'll make it any of the scheduled days.

kevinb1994

I'll second the 10th of September. Won't be too close to other meets.

Great Lakes Roads

Brandon

I can make it any of the 4 days listed.  Sounds like a fun and interesting meet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Highway63

I voted the 10th solely because Labor Day weekend is a no-go for work day-off requests. I have a better chance of getting it off than the 3rd/4th.

Nikolai

Unfortunately, hosting on September 10 will no longer be possible for me, so I've removed that option from the poll.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Nikolai on May 10, 2022, 08:54:05 PM
Unfortunately, hosting on September 10 will no longer be possible for me, so I've removed that option from the poll.

This is pretty ironic considering the pushback I got for adding that date to the poll without looking at this meet, but that is officially a nonissue.

I really wanted to make this meet, but I think Brandon's meet will be it for me heading west of I-75 this year.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 10, 2022, 10:25:21 PM
This is pretty ironic considering the pushback I got for adding that date to the poll without looking at this meet, but that is officially a nonissue.

I think "pushback" is too strong of a word for what I was doing.  I was simply bringing to your attention that there was a possibility that September 10 would be the date of this meet.  I was just encouraging you to keep that in mind.  It was probably forgotten that I also said "this is not to say that two meets cannot happen on the same day".  I was in no way trying to tell you that you couldn't host it on that date.

Having said that, it is kinda funny that the date that was leading in the polls is now no longer an option.  No biggie.  I will still try to attend this meet if I can.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

I'm hoping that one of the Saturday dates, rather than the Sunday date, is what's chosen for this meet.  I can likely make either of the Saturdays work but not the Sunday.
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on May 15, 2022, 01:30:56 AM
I'm hoping that one of the Saturday dates, rather than the Sunday date, is what's chosen for this meet.  I can likely make either of the Saturdays work but not the Sunday.
labor day weekend.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 15, 2022, 06:07:05 AM
labor day weekend.

Yep... I know.  That's the reason why I'm hoping the meet is not held that Sunday.  Personal reasons.

Having said that, whatever happens, happens.  It's Nikolai's decision.
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on May 15, 2022, 07:56:11 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on May 15, 2022, 06:07:05 AM
labor day weekend.

Yep... I know.  That's the reason why I'm hoping the meet is not held that Sunday.  Personal reasons.

Having said that, whatever happens, happens.  It's Nikolai's decision.
Saturday's winning. Sunday would make it easiest for me to schedule flights and drives back and forth but that weekend in general is my preference

Brandon

Personally, I've no preference.  It's an easy day trip either way for me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

catofdar

Since I'm pretty sure I work Saturdays at that point, I voted for the Sunday. Although there's a chance I work then too
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

dvferyance

jpi

small chance for me too but I am very interested, I could "pick up where I left off" with clinching Wisconsin counties since I only got 1 over this past weekend coming back from Iowa
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

@Nikolai: Appreciate if we could set the date soon since I wanna start planning for flights/car/iteniary

Nikolai

Quote from: Alps on May 29, 2022, 04:59:48 PM
@Nikolai: Appreciate if we could set the date soon since I wanna start planning for flights/car/iteniary

Okay, I'll review the poll and make a final date decision in a couple days.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Nikolai on May 29, 2022, 11:25:42 PM

That would be good; I echo Steve's sentiment.  I'd like to know the date so that I can request time off from work (if I attend).  Also, have you decided whether the lunch gathering will be located in Janesville or Beloit?  That will be the determining factor as to which of the two cities I'll book a hotel in, if I attend.
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on May 30, 2022, 09:10:21 AM

That would be good; I echo Steve's sentiment.  I'd like to know the date so that I can request time off from work (if I attend).  Also, have you decided whether the lunch gathering will be located in Janesville or Beloit?  That will be the determining factor as to which of the two cities I'll book a hotel in, if I attend.
I'll just book my hotel 90 miles west of there 😼🤪🤡;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Brandon

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 30, 2022, 09:19:43 PM

I'll just book the same hotel I do every night.

Alps

Quote from: Brandon on May 30, 2022, 10:21:01 PM

try to take over the world?

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Brandon on May 30, 2022, 10:21:01 PM

Yep... for you guys who live closer, not much is required in terms of advanced planning.  But for those of us who are coming from farther away, we of course need more time to plan for these kinds of things.  :spin:
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.