Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Favorite Store-brand & Restaurant Pizza Chains?

<< < (2/14) > >>

thenetwork:
I used to love Marco's Pizza...when it was just a neighborhood pizza chain in and around Toledo, Ohio.  Back in the 80s they had a great recipe in place that was just a tad sweet, and the parmesean crust topping was zestier.

By the time they expanded out west, that original recipe taste was gone.  And I tried a few locations in Colorado and Utah hoping to find the original taste again.

TheHighwayMan394:
Frozen:
Red Baron
Totino's (dirt cheap bottom of the barrel, but a good amount of sauce)
Heggie's

Chain:
I like Pizza Hut's pizza and Domino's side items.

When I went to St. Louis last summer I had Imo's. The day I ate it I found it to be nothing special, but after a couple weeks I was craving more of it.

Scott5114:
My chain of choice is Pizza Hut. I'm not going to pretend that it's the best pizza in the universe or anything, but it's what my family got growing up so it's the Canonical Pizza to me. The yardstick I judge all other pizzas relative to.

For frozen, I like to get the individual deep dish Red Barons.

--- Quote from: thenetwork on May 07, 2022, 10:06:39 PM ---I used to love Marco's Pizza...when it was just a neighborhood pizza chain in and around Toledo, Ohio.  Back in the 80s they had a great recipe in place that was just a tad sweet, and the parmesean crust topping was zestier.

--- End quote ---

They opened a Marco's right by us and sent out coupons for the grand opening. We used it to try them out. Everyone who had some agreed that it was the most precisely average pizza they'd ever had. 2.50000000000000000 out of 5 stars, with that many significant digits.

Rothman:
There's a regional chain in the Albany, NY area called I Love NY Pizza and it's typically good.  Not sure how many locations they have.

vdeane:
I don't regularly get frozen pizza, though Red Baron's french bread pizza is good (too bad I have to make special stops to get it, as my regular grocery store no longer sells it).  I've had their regular frozen pizza too, and it's pretty good.

For chains, I'll go with Paesan's, which is technically a chain as they have other locations around the Capital District beyond the one I go to in Latham (I've even been to a couple other ones, due to them all having different holiday hours around New Year's).  If I'm traveling, I'm fond of service area Sbarro's or Pizza Hut Express where they exist, although if I'm getting dinner at a destination I'll go for somewhere more local.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version