Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Phrases that are not needed

<< < (3/21) > >>

formulanone:

--- Quote from: kphoger on May 10, 2022, 03:12:29 PM ---Don't even bother asking me if you're not prepared do something about a No answer.

--- End quote ---

For $8-10/hour, they're trying extra hard to not make fun of the average shopper's haircut, questionable purchase, or poor wardrobe choices in that moment.

After seeing the average person at Wal-Mart, and knowing they're even more average than that, I know I'd lose my job in the first four hours for that kind of pay.

(I knew my grocery store pretty well after about 6 months, and I was 16 years old.)

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 10, 2022, 03:01:14 PM ---“It is what it is. 

--- End quote ---

This times infinity.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: formulanone on May 10, 2022, 04:02:05 PM ---After seeing the average person at Wal-Mart, and knowing they're even more average than that, I know I'd lose my job in the first four hours for that kind of pay.

--- End quote ---

My first job was in retail.  Specifically, I pushed shopping carts full-time at a Target in the soccer mom western suburbs of Chicago (Roosevelt Road & County Farm Road).  One day, I had been out pushing carts in the rain for about six hours.  A lady came in, started to grab a cart, quickly removed her hand, and exclaimed in shocked surprise:  Ooh, they're all wet!.  I said wryly, It's raining outside.

I came pretty close to losing my job over that remark—perhaps because my manager didn't believe her, that I might be so rude.  (He didn't know me well enough, I guess.)

formulanone:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 10, 2022, 04:11:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 10, 2022, 03:01:14 PM ---“It is what it is. 

--- End quote ---

This times infinity.

--- End quote ---

Ever tried to explain things to people who are in that wide spectrum of "don't want to hear an answer", "don't care about the answer", "don't want an excuse", and are "going to bitch about it anyway"?

That's what that line is good for.

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: kphoger on May 10, 2022, 04:14:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: formulanone on May 10, 2022, 04:02:05 PM ---After seeing the average person at Wal-Mart, and knowing they're even more average than that, I know I'd lose my job in the first four hours for that kind of pay.

--- End quote ---

My first job was in retail.  Specifically, I pushed shopping carts full-time at a Target in the soccer mom western suburbs of Chicago (Roosevelt Road & County Farm Road).  One day, I had been out pushing carts in the rain for about six hours.  A lady came in, started to grab a cart, quickly removed her hand, and exclaimed in shocked surprise:  Ooh, they're all wet!.  I said wryly, It's raining outside.

I came pretty close to losing my job over that remark—perhaps because my manager didn't believe her, that I might be so rude.  (He didn't know me well enough, I guess.)

--- End quote ---
I was a cashier at a Target in a soccer mom-y suburb of Atlanta.  To this day, I refuse to hand a half-eaten candy bar to a cashier and say "ring this up."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version