Article: See the grave that scared road workers so much they paved around it

Started by Molandfreak, December 24, 2014, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

They were scared of the relative with a gun, not the grave. Fuck clickbait.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Molandfreak

Lol yeah. I just thought it was an interesting oddity and I wouldn't have found out about it if it weren't for the article.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

getemngo

That's a sign that's presumably found nowhere else. If I were grumpier, I'd complain about the use of a Christian cross on a road sign, but I honestly can't think of a good alternative symbol to represent a grave.
~ Sam from Michigan

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

sdmichael

There are graves, marked graves, on San Diego Avenue in the Old Town area in San Diego, California. This is what happens when a roadway is widened sometimes. It beats the alternative, which is a park in Mission Hills that has all the former gravestones pushed to one side of the park.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: getemngo on December 24, 2014, 01:19:24 PM

That's a sign that's presumably found nowhere else. If I were grumpier, I'd complain about the use of a Christian cross on a road sign, but I honestly can't think of a good alternative symbol to represent a grave.

Actually, if I didn't know that there was a grave there, the Christian cross would just lead me to believe I was passing some kind of local religious monument. You could probably put "RIP" inside of the "stone" on the sign and communicate the message more effectively.

Tom958

Cool sign, cool road feature, cool story even if it was clickbait that brought it to our attention.  Thanks, Molandfreak! :bigass:

tdindy88

I've been on that road, certainly didn't expect to see the road open up like that.

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

SEWIGuy

Both of these articles are great examples of why I just want to be cremated. 

The Nature Boy

It amazes me how the scenic river properties of yesteryear are now strip malls. I mean, I understand why but it's still amazing.

Brandon

Quote from: SEWIGuy on December 25, 2014, 07:26:15 PM
Both of these articles are great examples of why I just want to be cremated. 

Shit man, I want a tomb just like King Tut.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

bugo

Pete from Boston

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.