News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Moving to Omaha

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, February 21, 2020, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

My father is going into the beef packaging industry and he recently got offered a position at a company in Omaha. He'd like to bring me along for a while, then if I wanted to move back to Arkansas I was welcome too, but he sees it as the ability for me to restart my employment with more options (apparently there's a more diverse job market in Omaha?), but he just wants to get my foot in the door and build experience. I have some (used loosely) experience in being a barista. What kind of opportunities exist in Omaha, that would not exist or would be limited in Arkansas?
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

DandyDan

I used to live in the Omaha area up to 3 years ago, and my parents still live there. Realistically, it all largely depends on what kind of college education you got and making sure your resume is up-to-date. There's plenty of jobs in Omaha and the cost of living is affordable. I have no idea what you are really after in terms of a job because who wants to be a barista forever?
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.