News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Thread names you'll never see on 'Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com'
Egyptian goddess changes name due to Islamic State
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

route56

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 06, 2016, 06:18:52 PM
How many toddlers' foreskins have you pulled back? (Yeah, a bit over the top but guaranteed not to surface)

That's an understatement. I'm surprised that Scott didn't purple-line this out.

If you were serious, you would likely be banned and reported to local law enforcement.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

freebrickproductions

FritzOwl elected President (or alternatively, appointed as head of the Department of Transportation).
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: route56 on October 07, 2016, 10:42:39 PM

If you were serious, you would likely be banned and reported to local law enforcement.

It was well past 6 p.m. (which means well past midnight in my time zone), and I was in need of a sleep, so I wasn't paying much attention. And I think Scott did let pass that almost-child sexual abuse title because it's on topic (Threads we'll never see here), but not without giving an eyebrow.

And while I'm at it, here's another one:
Hilos que nunca veréis en aaroads.com :bigass:
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

route56

How 'bout this:

Have you heard about the miraculous wonders of llama urine?

iPhone
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

hotdogPi

Poll: Does anthropogenic climate change exist?
Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2016 election?
[insert forum member here] is a mezzanine
Fictional Highways: Run an Interstate through the Westboro Baptist Church
The 1-2-3 post count challenge!
Make VT 26 a coast-to-coast Interstate
Google buys Facebook for $20T, pays off US debt
Road meet November 31 at Point Nemo
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

noelbotevera

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

formulanone

- Structurally-Deficient Bridges You'd Like to See Built

- Gallery of Button Copy Clearview Signs

- Things You Have Stolen From Hotel Rooms

- Mandatory Roadside Cleanup You've Performed

- Any Other Belly Button Lint Collectors?

- Campfire Stories Around the Samsung Note 7

- Crustaceans You Have Eaten While Driving

- Old Suspension Alignments

- Does Anyone Else Find Covering Your Eyes While Driving Weird?

- Expletives You Prefer When Running Late For Important Events

- Photos of Your First Stroller

- Food Courts You've Clinched

- What is the Longest Distance You've Traveled Without Realizing You've Traveled?

- Cost Depreciation Appreciation Thread

- More States Should Use White Squares or Circles for Route Designations

- Favorite Farrier and/or Wheelwright?

jeffandnicole

Quote from: formulanone on October 11, 2016, 09:09:30 PM

Thank goodness.  I was close to self-incriminating myself.

Does 3 coolers of ice count?  If not, then that was my weekend in Cleveland...

Max Rockatansky

slorydn1

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 11, 2016, 09:13:54 PM

Thank goodness.  I was close to self-incriminating myself.

Does 3 coolers of ice count?  If not, then that was my weekend in Cleveland...

I might have knowledge of the whereabouts of a couple of ashtrays that may possibly at one time have belonged to a hotel or two.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

3web

Who knows where the road goes? Of course! Google maps!

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

sparker

Quote from: route56 on October 07, 2016, 10:42:39 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 06, 2016, 06:18:52 PM
How many toddlers' foreskins have you pulled back? (Yeah, a bit over the top but guaranteed not to surface)

Actually, there's a whole profession -- or at least a subset of a profession -- that does just that activity on a regular basis.  The profession is "mohel"; a rabbi trained in the art of the "brit milah", more commonly known as "bris" --  the ritual circumcision of Jewish males when they're 8 days old (and sometimes later, depending upon the parents' choice).  Of course, they need to pull back the foreskin before cutting it off, so that activity is part of the process.  Nothing particularly predatory to be found here (although some organized opposition to the act of circumcision in general has been seen at times).  I'm just surprised that other posters didn't cite mohels before now.  My 1st wife was Jewish, so I was privy to witness the bris of her nephew (I gritted my teeth during the whole event -- and was somewhat relieved that we had a daughter!).   

kphoger

- Crustaceans You Have Eaten While Driving

Crabmeat sandwich.

- Does Anyone Else Find Covering Your Eyes While Driving Weird?

I do find driving at night with 3-D glasses weird.  Not quite the same...

- What is the Longest Distance You've Traveled Without Realizing You've Traveled?

Approximately 100 miles in eastern Colorado, when I succumbed to highway hypnosis.  I came out of it in Denver, drifting towards a truck in city traffic.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

inkyatari

-Make the Illinois and Michigan Canal a Coast to Coast Waterway
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: kphoger on October 18, 2016, 04:33:54 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 11, 2016, 03:29:03 PM
Hilos que nunca verán en aaroads.com

FTFY.
:sombrero:

Both translations are valid, your 'fix' being a more formal one (or the Mexican way, with mine being the Spanish way). But you could argue it already exists as this thread.
Quote from: sparker on October 18, 2016, 04:00:28 PMActually, there's a whole profession -- or at least a subset of a profession -- that does just that activity on a regular basis.  The profession is "mohel"; a rabbi trained in the art of the "brit milah", more commonly known as "bris" --  the ritual circumcision of Jewish males when they're 8 days old (and sometimes later, depending upon the parents' choice).  Of course, they need to pull back the foreskin before cutting it off, so that activity is part of the process.  Nothing particularly predatory to be found here (although some organized opposition to the act of circumcision in general has been seen at times).  I'm just surprised that other posters didn't cite mohels before now.  My 1st wife was Jewish, so I was privy to witness the bris of her nephew (I gritted my teeth during the whole event -- and was somewhat relieved that we had a daughter!).   

Nice point. In my country circumcision is only done due to medical reasons, and as such I despise it if it's done for other reasons. Don't fix what is not wrong. Besides, my (controversial) proposal asked for toddlers, not babies (who usually don't have a retractable foreskin, while most of 3 year old boys have).

Anyway, more proposals:
圣杰高速 (This would be the Chinese name of I-10)
Channel bridge-tunnel opened (linking France and the UK)
UK to change driving side for consistency

kphoger

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 18, 2016, 05:32:40 PM
Quote from: kphoger on October 18, 2016, 04:33:54 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 11, 2016, 03:29:03 PM
Hilos que nunca verán en aaroads.com

FTFY.
:sombrero:

Both translations are valid, your 'fix' being a more formal one (or the Mexican way, with mine being the Spanish way). But you could argue it already exists as this thread.

I knew I could get you.  You crazy Spaniards and your vosotros...

I almost changed it to Hilos que nunca se verían en aaroads.com, but it wouldn't have been a direct translation.

Topics you'll never see on aaroads.com:
Conjugation of Spanish verbs
Male pronouns, please.

vtk

Quote from: kphoger on October 18, 2016, 05:52:24 PM
You crazy Spaniards and your vosotros...

This deserves repeating out of context.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

noelbotevera

What's a foreskin?

(no seriously, I have no idea what that is)

kphoger

Quote from: noelbotevera on October 18, 2016, 06:49:07 PM
What's a foreskin?

Do you seriously not have a dictionary? Or a Google?
Male pronouns, please.

noelbotevera

Quote from: kphoger on October 18, 2016, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on October 18, 2016, 06:49:07 PM
What's a foreskin?

Do you seriously not have a dictionary? Or a Google?
Laziness strikes, but whatever.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.