News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Prophecy for I-40 East of Raleigh

Started by Dirt Roads, October 09, 2021, 11:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirt Roads

The traffic reporter for WPTF noted that Thursday was the fourth straight day with a major accident in the westbound lanes of I-40 east of Raleigh during rush hour.  He predicted that the event would precipitate many commuters to start completely avoiding the construction zone for widening of I-40.  I didn't hear of any more accidents on that section of I-40 on Friday.

If his prediction holds true, then the only key parallel route (NC-50) will start getting more traffic than normal, as will some/all of the outlet routes (NC-210 west to NC-50 and NC-55, NC-42 east to Business US-70, NC-42 west to Cleveland Road to Ten-Ten Road).  Also, it might affect some smaller parallel roads such as Raleigh Road/Maclemore Road, Matthews Road, Raynor Road and/or Cornwallis Road on the east side, Sauls Road/Jordan Road on the west side.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.