News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Least favorite type of weather?

Started by Roadgeekteen, August 02, 2017, 03:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Sun
2 (9.1%)
Rain
1 (4.5%)
Clouds
2 (9.1%)
Fog
2 (9.1%)
Hurricane
1 (4.5%)
Earthquake
3 (13.6%)
Thunderstorm
0 (0%)
Other
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

CNGL-Leudimin

When it's damn too hot.

BTW, earthquake isn't really a type of weather.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

ET21

Earthquake is not weather...... That's a geological phenomenon, has nothing to do with the atmosphere
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

jakeroot

As a weather geek, I'm up for almost anything. But if I'm outside, moderate/heavy rain at temps between 33 and 45 is definitely not something I enjoy.

I'd probably hate snow if I grew up with it, but seeing as it's a relatively unusual phenomenon around here, I really like snow. Visiting MSP last winter, while it was below zero, was awesome!

CNGL-Leudimin

BTW, I chose other as I assumed "hurricane" meant "tropical cyclone" (a weather phenomenon I like to track, since I'm far away from them). Because I also hate hurricane-force winds.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Alex

#1 - Drought - boring and leads to allergy problems with dust/pollen
#2 - Drizzle and overcast - depressing and annoying when running the windshield wipers (not enough moisture to run without making that scraping noise)
#3 - Sprinkles/Flurries - just a tease -- might as well not, especially in Florida winters when it comes to sprinkles, where it goes weeks without raining.

Bruce

Hot weather above 75 degrees; added humidity, muginess, wildfire smoke, etc.

Snow that is under an inch. I want substantial snowstorms!

CtrlAltDel

Hail.

Pretty much everything else I can deal with, but hail is just too damaging, especially if you're like me and don't have a garage.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

US 89

Here in UT, we get everything. About the only big weather event I haven't seen here is a major ice storm, although we often have a couple days with freezing rain in the winter during an inversion (which is the one kind of weather I hate). I guess we haven't ever had a hurricane, but the remnants of Pacific hurricanes can come up during monsoon season and cause floods and severe thunderstorms.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

dvferyance

Quote from: ET21 on August 04, 2017, 11:30:48 AM
Earthquake is not weather...... That's a geological phenomenon, has nothing to do with the atmosphere
But they talk about them all the time on the Weather Channel.

Brandon

100 F out and a dewpoint in the low 80s.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

ET21

Quote from: dvferyance on August 06, 2017, 06:06:33 PM

Hence why I don't watch them anymore  :-D :D
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

jeffandnicole

Quote from: dvferyance on August 06, 2017, 06:06:33 PM

Open up their website and it's not uncommon for their entire homepage to be devoted to everything but the weather.

freebrickproductions

Tornadoes, extremely cold weather, cold weather, extremely hot and humid weather, hot and humid weather, and rain, in that order.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

allniter89

My least flavorite weather is flog. Flog is helll to drive thru. Visability is pliss ploor and u have to watch for people driving too fast in ploor visability & those driving too sloww too. And thats all I got to say about that.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

ColossalBlocks

Earthquakes are a form of seismic phenomenon....

But then again, they talk about it all the damn time on The Weather Channel.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

vdeane

Quote from: allniter89 on August 15, 2017, 10:20:10 PM
My least flavorite weather is flog. Flog is helll to drive thru. Visability is pliss ploor and u have to watch for people driving too fast in ploor visability & those driving too sloww too. And thats all I got to say about that.
Freudian slip?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

formulanone

I'm inclined to stay home during forecasts of blood and locusts.

epzik8

Clouds, if that means overcast skies. I do enjoy thunderstorms, and sunny skies.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

TravelingBethelite

Cold and windy. Gotdamn, do I hate that. Easily the most painful kind of weather (to me, at least, but then again, tornadoes and such don't frequently effect me).
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Urban Prairie Schooner

30 inches of rain in 27 hours. The entire region and my house floods. :(

sparker

The only thing I miss about living in the High Desert (Hesperia) is the usual dryness that accompanies heat in those parts (the very occasional monsoon coming up from the Gulf of California notwithstanding) -- there's a reason swamp coolers are prevalent in those parts.  Up here in San Jose and environs the heat is often paired with very high humidity -- when it gets over 93 degrees or so, I seem to have a permanent layer of moisture on my face, head, and forearms -- which is annoying when any kind of work need to be done (even of the paper variety!).  Doesn't bother my GF much; she works in an air-conditioned hospital -- and she lived in Atlanta for several years, so heat & humidity is second nature to her -- and as she often reminds me, there aren't any "goddam chiggers to bite you" out here on the coast -- and to suck it up!       

paulthemapguy

The worst weather is heat.
The worst disaster-type weather is floods.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.