News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Mark68

82 yesterday. Spent a half hour scraping ice off my truck this morning due to freezing drizzle overnight. Snowing now, expecting a low in the teens tomorrow morning.

Fall in Colorado...
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

Bruce

Mornings are now under 40 and my heater is not working. Lovely timing.

bing101

bing101

https://www.foxla.com/news/12900-socal-edison-customers-without-power

Here is the update and Socal Edison customers are warned of power Outages due to fire risks in the area.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: bing101 on October 10, 2019, 08:27:58 PM
https://abc7.com/live-500-acre-fire-rages-through-mobile-home-park-in-calimesa/5609428/

A fire is reported in the Inland Empire

Quote from: bing101 on October 10, 2019, 10:42:14 PM

Here is the update and Socal Edison customers are warned of power Outages due to fire risks in the area.

Are either of these actually affecting you? This thread is asking for your weather, not just something elsewhere in your state (I presume).

Mark68

Low of 9 this morning. After it was 83 on Wednesday.

thspfc

Quote from: Mark68 on October 11, 2019, 01:57:44 PM
Low of 9 this morning. After it was 83 on Wednesday.
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
39 here right now, high of 49 tomorrow. Snow is coming before the end of the month for sure.

thspfc

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on October 11, 2019, 07:29:54 AM
https://abc7.com/live-500-acre-fire-rages-through-mobile-home-park-in-calimesa/5609428/

Are either of these actually affecting you? This thread is asking for your weather, not just something elsewhere in your state (I presume).
aibibqrahtuoapwgvnkasbva;gorwbguwor;gkjwagbow;wrbgopbkjs;weop
Could you not be the thread police for four minutes?

bing101

ozarkman417

The high only got up to fifty today, after hours of T-storms. Over the next few days things will warm up again in the 70s, but the first frost may be tonight.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: thspfc on October 11, 2019, 07:55:29 PM

I'll do you one better: I'll go five minutes without. :biggrin:

thspfc

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on October 11, 2019, 08:34:33 PM
Quote from: thspfc on October 11, 2019, 07:55:29 PM

I'll do you one better: I'll go five minutes without. :biggrin:
Good work.

bing101

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on October 11, 2019, 07:29:54 AM

I am from California and Wildfire threats via PG&E shutdown affects me directly though.

7/8

Friday afternoon was a surprisingly warm 21C (70F), while Saturday night dipped down to -2C (28F), which was the first below zero night of the fall. Right now it's cloudy and a chilly 6C (43F).

jakeroot

Quote from: 7/8 on October 14, 2019, 10:36:53 AM
Friday afternoon was a surprisingly warm 21C (70F), while Saturday night dipped down to -2C (28F), which was the first below zero night of the fall. Right now it's cloudy and a chilly 6C (43F).

Hard to believe the Seattle area dipped below freezing before Ontario! We got to around -1C to -1.5C last week. Seattle and Tacoma proper stayed right around freezing, IIRC.

Mark68

Back up in the 70s today, cooler tomorrow (low 60s, then warmer again (80+ on Thursday), then dropping until we get rain/snow showers Sunday PM thru Monday AM.

allniter89

We had our 1st measurable rain today since Aug. It was a 7hr period of nice gentle rain.
Hopefully, this will end our looong period of 90+ weeks, many heat records broken.
My wife is an RN, we stopped at 6 wrecks to offer help. Cars were sliding around like it was ice on the road. It was slick b/c of oil & rubber buildup on the pavement. These idiots crash on dry roads on a sunny day with no other vehicles around :pan:
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

allniter89

NOAA posted Sept stats for Crestview, FL

26 consecutive days 90°+. Broke 15 records. Tied 11 records.

The average high for Sept 83°. Sept 2019 average high 97°

The average number of days of 90°+is 88.

Number of days 90°+ Sept 2019 is 124 (not consecutive)
c'mon winter!!!!
https://www.weather.gov/mob/MonumentalRecordSettingSeptember2019
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

vdeane

Lots of rain here, apparently.  I was driving back to Albany, going over the Erie Canal I was thinking "that looks a little high".  Getting to the part where the Canal is joined with the Mohawk River, I was thinking "that really looks high".  By this point, several low areas had visible ponding/flooding.  Getting past Canajoharie, the Mohawk had visibly overflowed its banks, and the new welcome center on the other side of the Thruway had flooded out.

Turns out the entire Capital District got 3-4 inches of rain in the past 24 hours.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Rothman

Flooded out?  Did you stop and see it?

Grand Island's had a part of its ceiling collapse two days ago or so.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

US 89

Here in Atlanta, we got our first real rain in a long time earlier this week, but it was nowhere near enough to end our current drought. Most of Georgia remains in the D2 (severe) drought classification, with some areas mainly east and south of Atlanta in the D3 (extreme) category. The storm also brought in some cooler temperatures, with morning lows in the upper 40s and highs in the 60s.

Some more storms are on the way. We will probably see at least some rain from Potential Tropical Cyclone 16 (future Nestor?), though it will likely remain too far south and east for the metro area to see any major impacts. After that, a cold front will move into the area on Tuesday, which looks potentially more interesting for Atlanta with a possible threat of severe thunderstorms.

vdeane

Quote from: Rothman on October 17, 2019, 09:37:16 PM
Flooded out?  Did you stop and see it?

Grand Island's had a part of its ceiling collapse two days ago or so.
I was going the other way, and it's not like there was anywhere to stop.  The entire parking lot and ramps to/from the Thruway had flooded out and become part of the Mohawk River, with the ramp blocked off with cones and barriers.  You could see it from the other side of the road quite easily.  That spot where I first though the Canal looked high?  That was all the way back on I-490!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

webny99

The bulk of the rain must have been mostly further east: nothing out of the ordinary in the Rochester area today. Wednesday and Thursday were wet, but today turned out to be mostly sunny and this evening is great: clear, crisp, light breeze.

Quote from: vdeane on October 18, 2019, 02:12:01 PM
That spot where I first though the Canal looked high?  That was all the way back on I-490!

Funny, after reading this, I guess I've subconsiously been wondering if the Canal was extra-high the last few times I've crossed there, too. I wonder if it's related to the rain this week, or if something else is going on.

vdeane

The Genesee was high too.  Thursday was a weird day, weather wise.  It was raining all across NY, but not all from the same system - west of I-81 was lake effect, while east was a nor'easter.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.