News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Minor things that bother you

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, November 27, 2019, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Quote from: 7/8 on March 14, 2024, 04:23:19 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 14, 2024, 04:19:36 PM
Agreed. You're at a urinal. How much re-dressing is required? Literally none. Just put away the firehose and walk to the stall.

Yes, in fact, I would argue it's easier doing this. It seems more work to have one hand holding my underwear down for potential public exposure vs. simply putting my underwear back up for a few seconds while switching from the urinal to stall.

Why is your underwear down at the urinal? Do people not wear underwear with a fly?

7/8

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 14, 2024, 04:31:43 PM
Agreed. You're at a urinal. How much re-dressing is required? Literally none. Just put away the firehose and walk to the stall.

Yes, in fact, I would argue it's easier doing this. It seems more work to have one hand holding my underwear down for potential public exposure vs. simply putting my underwear back up for a few seconds while switching from the urinal to stall.

Why is your underwear down at the urinal? Do people not wear underwear with a fly?

For some reason I've never used the fly. I just pull the front down and hold it down until I'm done. Maybe that's less common than I thought...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 7/8 on March 14, 2024, 04:47:19 PM

For some reason I've never used the fly. I just pull the front down and hold it down until I'm done. Maybe that's less common than I thought...

The fly is way hard to squeeze through as opposed to whipping the underwear down for a second.

JayhawkCO

I guess I've never had a problem. Either way. It still takes almost no time to put your unit back in your pants. I don't understand why you'd remain indecently exposed before moving over to the stall.

Max Rockatansky

When I've been confronted with this problem I just finish peeing, zip up and then move to the stall.  I don't feel that I owe anyone an explanation for untimely bowel movements.

Big John

Quote from: Rothman on March 14, 2024, 04:16:28 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 14, 2024, 02:06:53 PM
Quote from: kphoger on March 11, 2024, 12:55:00 PM
1) get up from your desk to go pee
2) walk in, take your position at the urinal
3) start doing your business
4) realize halfway through that you also need to poop
5) internal debate:  is it worth it to re-fasten your pants?
6) flush
7) shuffle over to a stall with your pants undone and your junk hanging out
8) hope nobody else walks in at that exact moment you're in transit
9) do your other business
10) flush again

This.
There's two of you wandering around with your pants down?
and kphoger goes commando.

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 14, 2024, 05:13:39 PM
When I've been confronted with this problem I just finish peeing, zip up and then move to the stall.  I don't feel that I owe anyone an explanation for untimely bowel movements.
I demand an explanation.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on March 14, 2024, 04:16:28 PM
There's two of you wandering around with your pants down?

In Nevada, this would be considered modest, because it implies that they actually have pants with them.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

1995hoo

Quote from: kkt on March 14, 2024, 04:29:31 PM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on March 14, 2024, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 14, 2024, 09:46:02 AM
Either way, to my original point, as 1995hoo said, if someone says they don't have a vodka preference, the assumption is that they "can't taste the difference" (or don't care enough to pay more) so you just give them well vodka.

I'm reminded of the story (October 2020?) where a group of New York businessmen ordered a $2,000 bottle of wine and a couple at another table ordered an $18 bottle, and the bottles were accidentally switched.  The businessmen not only didn't notice, they sang praises of the cheap stuff.

Ages ago the CEO and another of the executives at my dad's work made a bet.  One bet the other that he couldn't tell a red wine from a white, if they were served at the same temperature and he couldn't see them.

Who won?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: Big John on March 14, 2024, 05:19:16 PM
and kphoger goes commando.

Most of the time, yles, but I have bought some pairs of briefs since this subject was last brought up.  I've started wearing chinos, and those more obviously show drippy-drops than jeans do.  I also tend to wear holes in the seat of my jeans, and having underwear on underneath makes those holes less socially unacceptable.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tchafe1978

Hearing about other people's bathroom habits. TMI! I mean, I get diarrhea every once in a while. I'm sure nobody else wants to hear about me having exploding shits all over the toilet.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on March 14, 2024, 05:29:51 PM
I demand an explanation.

The other day I was using the stall and the IT guy tried to strike up a work conversation (he was moving from the urinal to the sink).  I ended up telling him "I'm not going to have a conversation while I'm on the toilet taking a deuce."  He was taken aback by me shutting him down and probably kind of embarrassed from what I gathered.  I would imagine if someone asked for an explanation in the scenario described above, they likely would get more than they bargained for from me in terms of detail.

kkt

Quote from: 1995hoo on March 14, 2024, 06:20:29 PM
Quote from: kkt on March 14, 2024, 04:29:31 PM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on March 14, 2024, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 14, 2024, 09:46:02 AM
Either way, to my original point, as 1995hoo said, if someone says they don't have a vodka preference, the assumption is that they "can't taste the difference" (or don't care enough to pay more) so you just give them well vodka.

I'm reminded of the story (October 2020?) where a group of New York businessmen ordered a $2,000 bottle of wine and a couple at another table ordered an $18 bottle, and the bottles were accidentally switched.  The businessmen not only didn't notice, they sang praises of the cheap stuff.

Ages ago the CEO and another of the executives at my dad's work made a bet.  One bet the other that he couldn't tell a red wine from a white, if they were served at the same temperature and he couldn't see them.

Who won?

He could tell the difference better than chance, but nowhere near totally reliably.

Big John

Quote from: tchafe1978 on March 14, 2024, 10:44:28 PM
Hearing about other people's bathroom habits. TMI! I mean, I get diarrhea every once in a while. I'm sure nobody else wants to hear about me having exploding shits all over the toilet.
bandits bunker blasts?

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Pooing is cool...or sometimes really burning hot.

And yet this thread exists:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4969.150

Rothman

"That's TMI"

*proceeds to bring up a different kind of TMI*
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 14, 2024, 11:06:17 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 14, 2024, 05:29:51 PM
I demand an explanation.

The other day I was using the stall and the IT guy tried to strike up a work conversation (he was moving from the urinal to the sink).  I ended up telling him "I'm not going to have a conversation while I'm on the toilet taking a deuce."  He was taken aback by me shutting him down and probably kind of embarrassed from what I gathered.  I would imagine if someone asked for an explanation in the scenario described above, they likely would get more than they bargained for from me in terms of detail.
Heh.  Well-played.  I had a boss that would strike up conversation while you were both using a urinal and that was awkward enough.

formulanone

Quote from: Rothman on March 15, 2024, 04:01:09 AM
"That's TMI"

*proceeds to bring up a different kind of TMI*

Sure.

hotdogPi

There used to be a Minecraft mod called TooManyItems, abbreviated TMI. It became obsolete when Creative Mode was added, although somehow it's still being updated.
Clinched, plus NH 38, MA 286, and MA 193

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
Many state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25

New: MA 193 clinched and a tiny bit of CT 193 traveled

My computer is currently under repair. This means I can't update Travel Mapping and have limited ability for the image threads.

Big John

Three Mile Island nuclear plant?

thenetwork

Quote from: 7/8 on March 14, 2024, 04:47:19 PM

Kilts and fig leaves for the win!!!

elsmere241

How about, when your wife finishes the last roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and doesn't bring more in.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: elsmere241 on March 15, 2024, 10:23:03 AM
How about, when your wife finishes the last roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and doesn't bring more in.

This is the one fault that I have found with my wife.

Big John

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 15, 2024, 10:31:46 AM

Did you leave the seat up for her?

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Big John on March 15, 2024, 10:34:06 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 15, 2024, 10:31:46 AM

Did you leave the seat up for her?

Nope. We have a 2-year-old and cats, so I always lower the seat and cover.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.