News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Toilet Enthusiasts?

Started by signalman, September 08, 2019, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

So last night I was made aware that toilet enthusiasm is apparently a thing.  Actually, the language used was toilet aficionado.  I was never aware that there was any interest in this beyond their utilitarian purpose.  This got me wondering if there were any toilet aficionados among us.  Are there any? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOhpVN-U-s
Here's a video from an aficionado's channel that I found particularly amusing.  I find his thumbing up flushes particularly funny.  This channel also features some crappy road videos (no pun intended).  Feel free to share your toilet enthusiasm here if that's one of your interests.

bandit957

Toilets are pretty cool.

My mom used to blame me because the toilet wouldn't flush, or the wax seal in the toilet broke (which made it appear as if someone was peeing on the floor around the base of the toilet).

In my day, people used to pee on the seat.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

roadman65

How long will NE2 take to say something here? :sombrero: 

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

MNHighwayMan

The main floor toilet in my house is 50/50 on whether it will go down with a large load. It's a bit frustrating.

The one in the basement does better, but is less comfortable.

bandit957

Anyone here have a "Pittsburgh toilet"?

I have a close family member who had one at their place that I think qualified - even though we're nowhere near Pittsburgh.

signalman

Quote from: bandit957 on September 08, 2019, 10:05:24 AM
Anyone here have a "Pittsburgh toilet"?

I have a close family member who had one at their place that I think qualified - even though we're nowhere near Pittsburgh.
I have a Kohler in one bathroom and an American Standard in the other.  The American Standard flushes better, so that's the one I poo in.  It's also more comfortable, but since I am seated on it for a short period of time, that's of little concern to me.

For the record, I have never heard of a Pittsburgh toilet.

bandit957

Quote from: signalman on September 08, 2019, 10:15:44 AM
For the record, I have never heard of a Pittsburgh toilet.

In houses where you can enter using the basement, it's a basement bathroom.

bandit957

I won't poo in public toilets. I avoid it at all costs.

ozarkman417

In eighth grade I purposely flooded the bathroom at least once a week during the first quarter because at least one of the toilets was broken at any given time. I was the one who did it because I was the only person whose legs could reach the lever from outside the stall.

Who else has been to the Kohler Design Center in Wisconsin?

bandit957

People used to put things in the toilets all the time in high school. They do the same thing at every street festival around here.

signalman

Quote from: bandit957 on September 08, 2019, 10:32:39 AM
I won't poo in public toilets. I avoid it at all costs.
You're not alone in that regard.  In order for me to use a public toilet for #2 it has to be an emergency.

tolbs17

I used to have a student in my school that would flush the toilet repeatedly. Haha

bandit957

Years before I started school there, someone blew up a toilet at my high school with an M-80. It was still an empty stall when I went there, and it always had pee on the floor.

ozarkman417

Quote from: bandit957 on September 08, 2019, 10:48:34 AM
Years before I started school there, someone blew up a toilet at my high school with an M-80. It was still an empty stall when I went there, and it always had pee on the floor.
How about blowing up a bathroom with fireworks, only a year after burning it? I went to a run down inner-city school only because it had the IB program.

bandit957

There was a big toilet paper fire at my school.

Max Rockatansky

I kind of dig the old tyme toilets with the chain since you can hide guns in them:

bandit957

The bathrooms at my high school usually smelled of stale pee mixed with cigarette smoke.

signalman

Quote from: ozarkman417 on September 08, 2019, 10:39:43 AM
In eighth grade I purposely flooded the bathroom at least once a week during the first quarter because at least one of the toilets was broken at any given time. I was the one who did it because I was the only person whose legs could reach the lever from outside the stall.

Your legs could reach from outside the stall?  Could you please elaborate?

MikeTheActuary

Do toilet enthusiasts hold annual meetings in Flushing, NY?

bandit957

Quote from: MikeTheActuary on September 08, 2019, 12:53:12 PM

If poo.

ozarkman417

Quote from: MikeTheActuary on September 08, 2019, 12:53:12 PM
Either there or Kohler, WI.

US 89

I thought I had a pretty good idea of who the OP of this thread was.

I was wrong.

ozarkman417

Quote from: signalman on September 08, 2019, 12:44:12 PM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on September 08, 2019, 10:39:43 AM

Your legs could reach from outside the stall?  Could you please elaborate?
The stalls in that school's bathroom aren't big at all, and the door would obviously need to be opened. I'm 5'11.

1995hoo

I installed a Kohler Nightlight lighted toilet seat in our master bathroom because my wife complained about it being hard to tell late at night whether the seat was up or down. It was only $5 more than the standard unlighted seat.

What I hate is having to sit on a round-front, as opposed to an elongated, toilet. We have the elongated (oval) toilets at home. When I go over to my parents' house, they have all round-front (and only one is "comfort height" ). The toilets feel tiny and the opening in the seat feels small.

Regarding high school–it's been a long time, but there were NO doors for privacy at my high school, just a shoulder-high partition between shitters. They also chained the TP to the wall and it was always sopping wet (I shudder to imagine why). Thankfully, I knew of a little-known handicapped-accessible locker room that had an enclosed clean toilet. If I had to take a crap, I went there, and I made sure my younger brother knew about it when he started at that school.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.