News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Rear window stickers

Started by 1995hoo, April 27, 2012, 05:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Lincoln Highway Association sticker, WLVQ FM (Q-FM 96) sticker, Ohio State alumni sticker, and Columbus Blues Alliance bumper sticker
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

triplemultiplex

Quote from: SP Cook on April 30, 2012, 06:20:57 AM
Weird trend around here.  People cover the back window with "In memory of whoever" with born and died dates etc.  Generally not great cars, like you might dedicate a 66 Mustang to some buddy who helped you restore it, but just ordinary daily driver cars.  Like your car is a memorial.  Odd.

Translation:
We used the life insurance payout/inheritance to buy this car.

(not an implication of foul play)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

SP Cook

Quote from: hbelkins on April 30, 2012, 09:26:54 AM
Lots of "Friends of Coal" around here. I'd say you see a fair number of those too.

Yes.  I really prefer the "support coal or feel free to freeze to death in the dark" ones.  The extremists have a "friends of sol" which I suppose you are supposed to mispronuce like sole.  Whatever, those people scare me.  I have also seen "I (heart) miner's jobs" and "your Volt runs on coal".  If you saw the "Coal" series on Spike there was a line where the guy says "about all I know is minin' coal" which I have seen as well.  An outline of a guy in a hard hat in the crawl like in a deep mine is also popular.

You also see quite of few of the faux euro-country stickers.  The white ovals the Euros used to have to use when they went out of country along with their plates with a letter code for the country.  AFAIK this started with "OBX" for "outer banks".  Most beaches and other resort places have that now.   There is a town about 15 miles outside Huntington called Wayne that has a rep of being a little backward.  People working in town or kids going to MU would say they live "out Wayne" rather than "in Wayne" or "at Wayne".  City kids would make fun of that and the more pronounces Appalachian accent that starts there.  The town adopted it and everybody in the town now has a faux-euro sticker of "OW".

Also see a lot of people with the palmeto tree and "crescent moon" (its actually a heraldic symbol called a mullet) from the SC flag, for Myrtle Beach.  The latest (sad, IMHO) is to modify this by replacing the tree's leaves with stuff.  I have seen the WV, VPI, and UK football logos, the playboy symbol, and pot leaves, among other things.  Just tacky.

You also see a NC Route 12 sign, again for NC's outer banks area, a lot as well.

realjd

^^^
Down here it's all Key West. White ovals with KW, Mile Marker 0 stickers, and END US1 stickers are all common. Unfortunately I don't see anyone with red END US1 stickers, because I'd approve of those even I don't want one myself.

I saw one a few weeks ago on the back of a minivan that was a large map of Hawaii. The idiot put it on upside down so the big island was on the top-left and it curved down and to the right.

kphoger

Quote from: SP Cook on May 01, 2012, 06:17:00 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on April 30, 2012, 09:26:54 AM
Lots of "Friends of Coal" around here. I'd say you see a fair number of those too.

Yes.  I really prefer the "support coal or feel free to freeze to death in the dark" ones.  The extremists have a "friends of sol" which I suppose you are supposed to mispronuce like sole.  Whatever, those people scare me.  I have also seen "I (heart) miner's jobs" and "your Volt runs on coal".  If you saw the "Coal" series on Spike there was a line where the guy says "about all I know is minin' coal" which I have seen as well.  An outline of a guy in a hard hat in the crawl like in a deep mine is also popular.

I used to live in coal mining country back in southern Illinois.

Check out this YouTube, and watch it all the way through:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71kckb8hhOQ
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

agentsteel53

Quote from: realjd on May 01, 2012, 08:27:44 AM
Mile Marker 0 stickers, and END US1 stickers

are any of them anywhere near MUTCD-compliant?  the ones I see on eBay, in either sign or sticker form, are garish.

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

realjd

They range from not too bad with a mostly correct US shield outline to being so wrong as to have "END A1A" with the state outline in a US shield.

signalman

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 30, 2012, 11:28:39 AM
Quote from: NE2 on April 30, 2012, 11:26:20 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Salt%20Life

never seen one, and I live in a pretty surfer-heavy part of the world.  seen plenty of other surfer/diver/etc stickers around here, but never a "salt life".

I had never seen one of these salt life stickers before today either.  I saw my first one on an Acura MDX in a grocery store parking lot this afternoon.  There were other beach type stickers on the back window too...turtles, beach towns, and an exit sticker for a Garden State Parkway exit.

US71

Quote from: realjd on May 01, 2012, 02:57:52 PM
They range from not too bad with a mostly correct US shield outline to being so wrong as to have "END A1A" with the state outline in a US shield.

My 71 sticker is based on the Shields Up sign generator ;)

If you want a red US 1 sticker, make one, put it on Cafe Press, then buy it   :D
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

Quote from: US71 on May 01, 2012, 05:25:27 PM

If you want a red US 1 sticker, make one, put it on Cafe Press, then buy it   :D

hell, I'll just have my print guy run it off probably for super cheap.

anyone want MUTCD-compliant stickers?  rear window, bumper, etc?

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 01, 2012, 05:29:21 PM
Quote from: US71 on May 01, 2012, 05:25:27 PM

hell, I'll just have my print guy run it off probably for super cheap.

anyone want MUTCD-compliant stickers?  rear window, bumper, etc?

Not right now...maybe next year after I replace the war wagon.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

realjd

I wouldn't put it on my car, but I'd probably buy a few stickers for my kegerator, including that red US1.

I keep meaning to have you make an actual red US1 shield for me...

Takumi

I'd be interested in some shield stickers as well, but, like realjd said, I wouldn't put any on my cars. I'll get a list together and email you.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

agentsteel53

everyone email me at jake@aaroads.com - I may or may not lose sight of this thread.

sticker prices for 4x4 or smaller:

one sticker: $2 for clear or white background non-reflective, $3 for EG reflective.
subsequent stickers (same material): $1 clear or white background non-reflective, $2 for EG reflective.

larger sizes, or quantities greater than 5 or so, inquire via email for a quote.

jake@aaroads.com

RJ145

I've seen a lot of Michigan route sign stickers around here for some reason.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.