AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Vermont  (Read 221873 times)

froggie

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:08:21 PM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: Vermont
« Reply #600 on: March 05, 2024, 09:23:30 PM »

I wonder what the accident rate is along the Super 2, and whether or not a median divider has ever been suggested/proposed, even if its just pylons.

Not that high, from the digging I just partook.  VTrans has a crash query mapper so I took a look at 2023 data.  There were only two reported crashes along the entire Super-2 section in 2023...both south of the Arlington exit.  Doing a 3-year check (2021-2023) bumps that to a total of 5.

US 7 would benefit from corridor upgrades throughout, including alternating passing lanes, smoothing and straightening curves to assist with sight lines, but this would destroy the natural beauty that you experience in that state. I think it's fine as is.

From a purely traffic perspective, 7 may warrant 4 lanes from Vergennes north...that gets into 5-digit AADT territory.  Otherwise, there isn't any lengthy widening that would be warranted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 09:26:26 PM by froggie »

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.