News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Cincinnati to Providence, Part 2: Starting in Buffalo

Started by JMoses24, May 29, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoses24

My last posting, I had left off in Buffalo, NY. We'll pick up there with the rest of the trip to Providence, RI.

Route: Ellicott Street in downtown Buffalo to Division Street to Elm Street to NY 33 to I-90 to I-490 to Inner Loop to Cumberland Street in Rochester.

Notes: There are both repaving and re-signing projects ongoing along NY 33. Also a DMS project along I-490 at Gates.

Route: I-490 East (clinching it) to I-90 to I-81 to exit 23B. Then follow Destiny USA Drive to Harborside Drive to Walsh Circle in Syracuse.

Notes: No major projects on this route. Some maintenance projects westbound on the Thruway between exits 37 and 38 in Syracuse.

Route: Return Harborside Drive to Destiny USA Drive to Hiawatha Boulevard to I-81 North. I-81 North to I-90 East to N Genesee Street to Broad Street east to Railroad Street to Main Street in Utica.

Notes: Again, no major projects on this route that I noticed.

Route: From Utica, back out on Main Street to Railroad Street to Broad Street to Genesee Street to I-90 East to I-87 south to I-787 north to US 9 to NY 5 to Division Street to Liberty Street to Hamilton Street.

Notes: No major projects. Beautiful scenery though at sunrise.

Route: From Albany, back onto I-787 north to I-90 east to the Berkshire Connector to the Massachusetts Turnpike east to I-290 north. I-290 north to Vernon Street to Madison Street to Washington Street. From there, return to I-290 to southbound MA 146 to I-90 east to exit 24A at South Station in Boston.

Notes: Beautiful scenery here. Western Massachusetts reminded me a little bit of southeastern Kentucky with the mountains. Worcester got confusing. I only need the parts of I-90 between I-290 and MA 146 and between South Station and Logan to clinch I-90 in Massachusetts. For that matter, if not for taking I-87 to I-787, I could've clinched I-90 in New York State (I already had everything west of I-87 even before this trip). So close.

From Boston, I-93 southbound to I-95 south to Smithfield Avenue (to make a stop in Pawtucket), then southbound US 1 to Dorrance Street to Kennedy Plaza.

Notes: I-93 was a complete cluster-foxtrot in Quincy. They had the left lane blocked, and traffic was jammed for a couple miles. Smooth sailing the rest of the way. Again, beautiful area. One thing I noticed was that, for how important the Patriots are to the region, the road access seems lacking. US 1 is basically the only signed way there from I-95. I am very close to a clinch of I-95 in RI, but because I exited at Smithfield Avenue, I didn't get it on this trip.

Coming soon: Providence back to home, with more clinches or near clinches.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.