News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Chicago to Pittsburgh

Started by Sub-Urbanite, August 27, 2018, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Urbanite

I have to travel from Chicago to Pittsburgh in October, and I am debating the merits of the flight from Midway to Pittsburgh vs. a one-way car rental. I figure that the flight will probably be 4 hours from hotel to hotel.

Aside from a few days in Chicago, I've never been to the Midwest. If I do the car rental, thinking about going through Indianapolis and Cincinnati.

How long of a drive can I expect? Any other thoughts?

Brandon

Quote from: Sub-Urbanite on August 27, 2018, 01:04:02 PM
I have to travel from Chicago to Pittsburgh in October, and I am debating the merits of the flight from Midway to Pittsburgh vs. a one-way car rental. I figure that the flight will probably be 4 hours from hotel to hotel.

Aside from a few days in Chicago, I've never been to the Midwest. If I do the car rental, thinking about going through Indianapolis and Cincinnati.

From Chicago-Midway, it'll take you about 8-10 hours depending on how much traffic you have and what other stops you choose to make (going more direct via Indy or Cleveland).  Cincy would add more time to your trip as it's a bit off the southern route to Pittsburgh (pushing travel time up to 12 hours).  You route would then be 65 south, 74 east, 71 north, 70 east, 79 north.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

hbelkins

Quote from: Brandon on August 27, 2018, 01:16:34 PM
Quote from: Sub-Urbanite on August 27, 2018, 01:04:02 PM

From Chicago-Midway, it'll take you about 8-10 hours depending on how much traffic you have and what other stops you choose to make (going more direct via Indy or Cleveland).  Cincy would add more time to your trip as it's a bit off the southern route to Pittsburgh (pushing travel time up to 12 hours).  You route would then be 65 south, 74 east, 71 north, 70 east, 79 north.

Not necessarily. From Cincy, take Corridor D east to Clarksburg, then I-79 north.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Follow the Lincoln Highway, from suburban Chicago to Pittsburgh.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.