News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

St. Louis Road Meet - March 15, 2014 at 11 AM

Started by kharvey10, October 17, 2013, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

The US 66 stub is on my list already.

Does anyone know where the St. Louis CITY courthouse is? I can't seem to find it on a map. (I assume it has a courthouse, since it's an independent city.)
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

getemngo

Quote from: bulldog1979 on January 25, 2014, 02:52:28 AM
This meet falls at the end of my spring break week, so I could be a possible depending on how feasible it is to get there from the UP of Michigan and a few other things.

I'm going, and I plan on driving through Wisconsin and Illinois, so I could be your ride! I'm leaving Friday at 10 am and returning Sunday evening. However, you'd have to put up with my clinching of counties that lie between I-39 and I-43, and I was planning on crashing at a friend's apartment in DeKalb on Friday night, so we'd have to find new lodging.

But it'd be great to have you at another meet, and I could use a car companion, so I am willing to make this work if you are.
~ Sam from Michigan

yanksfan6129

So, I am going to this. If you need to add me to the list of RSVPs, please do so. Thanks!

The High Plains Traveler

I'm negotiating this on the domestic front. It's an event I would like to make, and would give me the opportunity to extend or complete U.S. highway clinches.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

bugo

Forget NYC.  This is the true national meet.  All of the big players will be there, from all different parts of the country.

Duke87

Sounds like this is gearing up to be quite the party!

Unfortunately I have family-related obligations the weekend of the 15th so this is completely off the table for me.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

SSOWorld

Quote from: bugo on February 16, 2014, 03:38:35 AM
Forget NYC.  This is the true national meet.  All of the big players will be there, from all different parts of the country.
It's too late! You can't stop it! There is only... THE MEET!

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on February 16, 2014, 03:38:35 AM
Well, then my challenge is to top this one.

kharvey10

Updated the tentative plans of the meet as of 2/18 - projected attendance numbers will be in the 20s based from the current RSVP and the number of undecided people out there.

Brandon

Quote from: kharvey10 on February 19, 2014, 10:38:14 AM
Updated the tentative plans of the meet as of 2/18 - projected attendance numbers will be in the 20s based from the current RSVP and the number of undecided people out there.

That's a pretty decent-sized crowd.  :-o  It's nice to see.  :cool:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

US71

Quote from: Brandon on February 19, 2014, 10:50:14 AM
Quote from: kharvey10 on February 19, 2014, 10:38:14 AM

That's a pretty decent-sized crowd.  :-o  It's nice to see.  :cool:

:-(   
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jpi

Heck yay!! Can't wait to see everyone again! :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Still doubtful for this one. I'm still leaning toward the Hampton Roads/Delmarva "twofer" as my other meet besides Tennessee.

Mostly because I-64 west of Louisville is such a boring drive.  :sleep:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on February 20, 2014, 01:50:32 PM
Still doubtful for this one. I'm still leaning toward the Hampton Roads/Delmarva "twofer" as my other meet besides Tennessee.

I'll likely still be in Mississippi that weekend. :(

I'd love to have a copy of the itinerary, though. Maybe this Summer I can drive up and have a look.

bugo

The main part of the itinerary is a trip up IL 100 and across a ferry, then some downtown exploring and the new bridge.

hbelkins

Quote from: US71 on February 20, 2014, 03:59:10 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 20, 2014, 01:50:32 PM

I'll likely still be in Mississippi that weekend. :(

I'd love to have a copy of the itinerary, though. Maybe this Summer I can drive up and have a look.

I think the itinerary is posted on the Facebook meet page.

oscar

Quote from: bugo on February 20, 2014, 07:08:33 PM
The main part of the itinerary is a trip up IL 100 and across a ferry, then some downtown exploring and the new bridge.

If I'm looking at the right itinerary, it notes the ferry might be closed on that date, so there might be a plan B that omits the ferry.

If it's the Brussels Ferry, I've been on that free ferry, as well as the private toll ferry crossing the river from Missouri, both after the 2008 St. Louis road meet.  But I didn't drive the part of IL 100 south/east of the ferry.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Brandon

There's a couple of ferries across the Illinois River there, as well as the ferries across the Mississippi River.  I took the Kampsville Ferry (IL-108) several years ago as well as across the lift bridge at Hardin.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Alps

Quote from: oscar on February 20, 2014, 10:22:33 PM

If I'm looking at the right itinerary, it notes the ferry might be closed on that date, so there might be a plan B that omits the ferry.

If it's the Brussels Ferry, I've been on that free ferry, as well as the private toll ferry crossing the river from Missouri, both after the 2008 St. Louis road meet.  But I didn't drive the part of IL 100 south/east of the ferry.
It is indeed the Brussels Ferry, which appears to be operational. Assuming we make it up that far, it can be a gametime decision, since it's either there or it's not and we'll be on the river road right next to it.

bugo

We should have plenty of time to make the ferry as long as we don't lollygag around too much at the restaurant. 

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

Quote from: bugo on February 21, 2014, 09:08:33 AM
We should have plenty of time to make the ferry as long as we don't lollygag around too much at the restaurant.

With a crowd as big as is expected, that will be a bit of an accomplishment. Paying (although since it's catered, it'll probably be a set amount for everyone), making sure everyone uses the facilities before departure and organizing the caravan and determining who's driving and who's riding with whom can be a chore sometimes.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

US71

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.