News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

INDOT Holding Hearing on US 31 intersection

Started by 2trailertrucker, January 31, 2019, 01:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2trailertrucker

NWI_Irish96

This is north of Indy so should technically go in the Midwest board.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

SSR_317

Quote from: cabiness42 on January 31, 2019, 04:13:23 PM
This is north of Indy so should technically go in the Midwest board.
Who here put the dividing line through the middle of Indianapolis? Never know on which forum to place posts about Indy proper. It's like the proverbial question, "Are you East Coast or West Coast?"... to which I always answer, "I am NO Coast!"

NWI_Irish96

I don't know how the original decision got made, but that's how it is.  Indy area usually gets put with the northern half.

froggie

One would have to ask Alex or one of the other early forum developers...

Captain Jack

IMO, most highway projects are state concerns, therefore, states should not be divided up in here.

Evansville area posters have more interests in what INDOT is doing than what other states are doing.

Life in Paradise

Quote from: Captain Jack on March 06, 2019, 11:21:13 AM
IMO, most highway projects are state concerns, therefore, states should not be divided up in here.

Evansville area posters have more interests in what INDOT is doing than what other states are doing.
As one who has lived in Southwestern Indiana all my life, I'm always curious as to whether or not INDOT sends their new engineers down here to learn how to build roads, and all the mistakes made are here (with the exception of roundabouts in Carmel, and I think those people came from the Bloomington group that fought I-69).

tdindy88

While I'm interested in hearing more about this proposed interchange (the three options are, as I suspected, roundabout interchanges) I do wonder what is the cutoff within the Indianapolis Metro area in terms of the different regional boards. Is it Washington Street in Indianapolis? Greenwood? Franklin?

NWI_Irish96

The Midwest-Great Lakes and Ohio Valley board descriptions simply say "Northern" and "Southern" Indiana, respectively.  I don't know that there is any official delineation.  Historically, projects in the Indianapolis area have been discussed in the Midwest-Great Lakes section but there really isn't any rule.  I would suspect that projects in Johnson/Morgan counties would be more of interest to people living in the southern half of the state and projects in Hamilton/Boone counties of more interest to people living in the northern half.  Of course projects in Marion County would have statewide interest, but it would be simpler if all of the posters agree to put them all one place or the other.  I personally don't care as I read both sections but like I said, most of them have historically been in the "Northern" section

mrsman

I believe it was a mistake to divide states into separate regions, but I believe it was done so as no big city that lies along a state boundary would have its metro area in different regions.

Regardless, we are now stuck with the forum as it exists, so if anybody cares about Indiana, you just have to follow both forums.

Be glad you are not in Penn., where they are divided into three forums.

qguy

Quote from: mrsman on May 30, 2019, 01:56:02 PM
Be glad you are not in Penn., where they are divided into three forums.

I live in Pennsylvania and FWIW it never bothered me.

thefro

Quote from: mrsman on May 30, 2019, 01:56:02 PM
I believe it was a mistake to divide states into separate regions, but I believe it was done so as no big city that lies along a state boundary would have its metro area in different regions.

In the case of this sub-forum, all the Ohio river bridge projects would go here.

SSR_317

Just in case someone wants to sue over this boundary issue, Indianapolis is part of the SOUTHERN district of Indiana as far as Federal Courts are concerned.  :rolleyes:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.