News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Walk through Fort McHenry Tunnel (5k) - October 6, 2019

Started by lepidopteran, September 18, 2019, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepidopteran

Ever wanted to walk/run through the Fort McHenry Tunnel?

GEICO is sponsoring a 5k that goes through Bore 4 of the tunnel on October 6, starting at 9:00 a.m.  The cost is $35, but proceeds go to Special Olympics of Maryland.   Perhaps we could make a mini-meet out of it?

To register, go to http://www.charmcityrun.com/calendar/tunnelrun

Incidentally, the other roadgeek-oriented run in the area, the 10k Bay Bridge walk, will apparently not be held this year due to a major roadwork project.

Alps

Are you allowed to bring a camera? That's the main reason I haven't done the Lincoln Tunnel 5k yet.

ipeters61

I know this is on the topic of the Fort McHenry 5K, but does the Bay Bridge 10K actually still go on?  I thought I'd never have a chance to do it.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

1995hoo

Damn. That sounds like something I'd like to do, but I already have commitments both days that weekend.

Quote from: ipeters61 on September 19, 2019, 07:57:20 AM
I know this is on the topic of the Fort McHenry 5K, but does the Bay Bridge 10K actually still go on?  I thought I'd never have a chance to do it.

Did you read the entirety of the original post?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

cl94

Quote from: Alps on September 19, 2019, 12:37:30 AM
Are you allowed to bring a camera? That's the main reason I haven't done the Lincoln Tunnel 5k yet.

This. I would seriously consider attending and participating if the answer to this is "yes".
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

lepidopteran

Quote from: Alps on September 19, 2019, 12:37:30 AM
Are you allowed to bring a camera?
Unless there's a rule that I'm unaware of, yes.  The only guidelines on the race page are:

QuoteThe race course is closed to bikes, animals & skaters. Strollers are allowed but are subject to search and participants with strollers should start toward the back.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.