News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

CDOT Plans: Your Transportation Priorities

Started by Elm, June 07, 2020, 02:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elm

Since the last leadership change, CDOT's been working on a new set of transportation plans, referred to as "Your Transportation Plan"  and now "Your Transportation Priorities" ; the planning process is wrapping up now, and they've recently been putting everything together on a section of their website, including project lists and a map.

The entry point is here: Your Transportation Priorities

The most concrete portion of the plan is the 10-Year Vision, which originally laid out a list of funded projects for years 1-4 and desired projects for the following six (totaling $5 billion over the ten years). The "funded"  list was put together before COVID-19 budget hits, though, so projects are likely to be cut/deferred. (See this slide deck from April.)

Some bigger projects on the roads side of the years 1-4 list included rebuilding I-270, Diagonal Highway BRT & express lanes, and phase 2 of the New Pueblo Freeway. Already-started projects include the US 160/550 connection, finishing Hwy 9 by Frisco, and continued funding for the I-25 South Gap and I-70 westbound shoulder lanes.

Public comment note: CDOT's taking comments for the 2045 Statewide Transportation Plan through July 30 (form linked on the lower right of that page, if you're interested).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.