News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-290/Clark Freeway and other weird CLE proposals. How would it have terminated?

Started by jecht, March 06, 2021, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecht

I have followed the CLE proposed highway system for years. I've always wondered how I-290 would have terminated at I-271. You have Shaker Blvd. with the rapid transit in the middle of it, and east of I-271 you have the circle with Brainard and Shaker, near the Pepper Pike town hall and administration building. How would there have been space to properly configure the terminus of that ramp? There's not enough room to have one similar to where I-270 ends at I-90 up in Willoughby Hills.

I think the current end of I-490 will actually be made into a boulevard which goes to University Circle, which is good, because it's not wasting the freeway.

I lived in Chesterland for years and always wished I-290 was built. It would have been so much easier to get downtown that way vs. going up to I-90 or down to I-480.

Also, there was talk of a freeway that would have run parallel to Wilson Mills Road? I'm not sure what that one was.

coldshoulder

You're just like crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down
And I got better things on the other side of town

jecht

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.