Who is working Thanksgiving? IX Edition (2021)

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, November 22, 2021, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

The Thanksgiving Day menu thread has reminded me it's again time to set up the annual thread asking who is working on the 4th Thursday in November. Of course, all those outside the USA like me will be working, as it isn't a holiday. And I expect things to have returned to somewhat normal levels after last year.

And as it is tradition, the NFL schedule for the day, with the third game returning after being taken out last year due to you know what (times are EST and CET :sombrero:):
12:30 pm (6:30 pm): Bears at Lions
4:30 pm (10:30 pm): Raiders at Cowboys
8:30 pm (2:30 am Friday): Bills at Saints

(Jaguars, when will you play on Thanksgiving? You are the only team that has never played on such an iconic day)

Previous iterations of this thread: VIII, VII, VI, V, IV, III, II, I
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kevinb1994

The Jags probably will never play on Thanksgiving due to London being important to them.

hbelkins

Weather looks to be good, if chilly and rainy here, so probably not for me.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: kevinb1994 on November 22, 2021, 06:04:56 PM
The Jags probably will never play on Thanksgiving due to London being important to them because they suck and they have no fans.

Fixed.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

NWI_Irish96

My wife is a respiratory therapist at a hospital, though she switched from being full time to part time a few years ago, so she's no longer required to work holidays and is not working this one. As a Federal employee not in security or IT, i'm never working holidays.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

Not working for the second year in a row.  Last year I got furloughed right before Thanksgiving, which then in turn caused me to seek a career outside of the restaurant industry.  Both Thursday and Friday are holidays with my new company.

Rothman

Once again, not working.  Getting more complex for me to arrange for time off, though (promotions do that...).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ZLoth

While I'm off the entire week, I am working Thanksgiving morning so that more members of the team I lead can spend time with their family.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

thspfc

Not me, working Christmas and New Year's instead.

CtrlAltDel

Not me. And I'm at the airport right now to take advantage.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

ET21

Just working today, have Black Friday off again this year.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.