News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

SEPA Road Enthusiast Meet

Started by PAHighways, May 19, 2010, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yanksfan6129

Quote from: CanesFan27 on June 15, 2010, 04:56:34 PM
A few of us out of towners will be going into South Philadelphia Friday Night for some of the famous cheesesteaks. (Geno's, Pat's, or Cosmi's Deli)  If you are interested in joining us, drop me a line.

Also, if anyone would like to join some of us in going to Independence National Historic Site prior to the meet Saturday Morning.

May I suggest Jim's? Easily better than Pat's and Geno's.

hbelkins

A few of us out of towners will be going into South Philadelphia Friday Night for some of the famous cheesesteaks. (Geno's, Pat's, or Cosmi's Deli)  If you are interested in joining us, drop me a line.

Also, if anyone would like to join some of us in going to Independence National Historic Site prior to the meet Saturday Morning.

Sounds fun, but I am spending Friday and Saturday nights in Breezewood and driving over for the meet on Saturday.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on June 16, 2010, 06:38:58 AM

May I suggest Jim's? Easily better than Pat's and Geno's.
You're all wrong.  The little place NEXT to Jim's is great.  All those three famous ones are overblown.

Alps

Awesome meet was awesome!  Scott, sorry you couldn't show up.  There were three hours of lunch if you were running late (can't blame Jeff for that, I think we decided it was Doug's fault).

froggie

Can't be Doug's fault.  He wasn't the one who asked the bill to come all in one instead of separated out...

yanksfan6129

I wish I could've gone, also. But oh well. Glad to hear a good time was had (by all?).

Alps

Quote from: froggie on June 20, 2010, 12:22:10 PM
Can't be Doug's fault.  He wasn't the one who asked the bill to come all in one instead of separated out...

Doug's fault for discovering SR 0113 beer, which led Jeff to this place for the meet.

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Duke87

Oh hell, I look like I'm ready to hike a football.  :-D (photo in question)

That's also Doug's fault, for making me duck to get out of his way. :-P
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

hbelkins

Whose idea was that, anyway?

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SSOWorld

No frog on Jeff's shoulder? :-D
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

froggie

Nope.  Mr. Prince was present.

oscar

Quote from: PennDOTFan on June 20, 2010, 09:24:37 PM
My photos from the meet...
http://picasaweb.google.com/Iansignal/SEPARoadMeet6192010#

Hope I got all my captions right.

Good photos, especially the group photo.  My attempt at a group photo failed, I only have a partial group photo.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Ian

Quote from: oscar on June 21, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

Good photos, especially the group photo.  My attempt at a group photo failed, I only have a partial group photo.

Thanks! For everyone's viewing pleasure, here is the group photo...
Youtube l Flickr

Dougtone

Quote from: AlpsROADS on June 20, 2010, 09:16:56 PM

Doug's fault for discovering SR 0113 beer, which led Jeff to this place for the meet.

I will blame Westmere Beverage of Albany/Guilderland, NY to carrying the Route 113 IPA, which led to my purchase of said beer in July 2008, which led me to tell Jeff Kitsko and others in attendance at last weekend's meet about said beer.  I accept the blame for finding that out.  However, I don't think any of us would have envisioned it taking about an hour to get the billing for lunch straightened out.

Alps

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 21, 2010, 02:37:18 AM

I like how it looks like someone in the control booth was watching TV instead (right side, third row) :happy:
As I explained to people there, all the major networks and news channels are monitored in case of breaking stories that might affect traffic in the PA area.  (Security, weather, events, accidents, any number of factors could all play a role.)  Of course, that means you're also watching soccer, soap operas, whatever else is on.

PAHighways

I'd like to thank all who made the trip to attended the second SEPA Meet, which has taken the record for attendance at a Pennsylvania meet from the 2003 SWPA.  At least the eastern side beating the western side is just in meets and not hockey, which would not sit well on this side.

A recap of the meet has been posted on the blog.

PAHighways

Quote from: froggie on June 20, 2010, 12:22:10 PMCan't be Doug's fault.  He wasn't the one who asked the bill to come all in one instead of separated out...

Aside from the check debacle, Sly Fox will not be on the list of potential locations for a third SEPA.

I called to reserve the private room and was told that it was open, so I made the reservation.  Then I got there and confusion erupted when I said I didn't ask for a buffet as I would let everyone order what they wanted off the menu.  Then I was asked if I made the reservation for the Royersford location, which I had not.  Then I was told the private room had been reserved since exactly one week before I had called, which should have been known by the staff when I called.

CanesFan27

For those of you that went to the meet but didn't go to the ballgame after wards, here's what you missed!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15530177@N05/sets/72157624335566108/

Ian

Anyone else have any photos from the meet? I'd like to see them!
Youtube l Flickr

Duke87

No fancy Flickr set or anything like that, but here's a zip archive. Note that there's no "director's cut" here: that's every photo, even the ones that didn't come out. Also includes the drive down and the drive home in addition to the meet itself. Cookie if you can figure out what way I was driving home. :coffee:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Roadgeek Adam

I posted most of mine but PA 100 and PA 23, the TMC and the Schuykill Pkwy and the 309. Those I haven't gotten too :) - but most of the routes are up on my flickr page
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

hbelkins

I have a question about the route we took on the tour. After we finished looking at the unused stub end of the PA 23 "Goat Path" freeway, what route did we take to get to the Turnpike, and what exit did we use to enter the turnpike, before we exited at PA 309?

Why do I ask, you may ask? To plan interstate-clinching routes for my trip from the upcoming March meet in New Jersey.

(Current thinking is to take the Turnpike south to I-276 west on the return trip, then I need to figure out how far west I need to go on the PA Turnpike to clinch the route, and how I will have to determine my access to I-495 in order to get that route clinched.)

oscar

Quote from: hbelkins on January 29, 2011, 06:59:41 PM
I have a question about the route we took on the tour. After we finished looking at the unused stub end of the PA 23 "Goat Path" freeway, what route did we take to get to the Turnpike, and what exit did we use to enter the turnpike, before we exited at PA 309?

Why do I ask, you may ask? To plan interstate-clinching routes for my trip from the upcoming March meet in New Jersey.

My MS Streets and Trips route files for the trip indicate we got on the Interstates at I-476 exit 18, went from there to the Turnpike, then exited the Turnpike at exit 337 to PA 309.

I'm not dead sure the files, which reflected Jeff's planned itinerary, incorporated all changes from the original plan.  But the only change I recall (from my getting lost on the way to the PennDOT operations center) affected my coverage of PA 23, and not the freeway part of our tour.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.