News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New York

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 12:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignBridge

Yeah, that's just what we need. Another flatfooted attempt by politicians to show a neighborhood that they're doing something about a problem. Like this will make any difference at all.

kalvado

Quote from: SignBridge on April 19, 2024, 07:59:59 PMYeah, that's just what we need. Another flatfooted attempt by politicians to show a neighborhood that they're doing something about a problem. Like this will make any difference at all.
Don't underestimate amount of abuse people are willing to take for the privilege of being called a "New Yorker"

Rothman

Quote from: kalvado on April 22, 2024, 09:26:34 AM
Quote from: SignBridge on April 19, 2024, 07:59:59 PMYeah, that's just what we need. Another flatfooted attempt by politicians to show a neighborhood that they're doing something about a problem. Like this will make any difference at all.
Don't underestimate amount of abuse people are willing to take for the privilege of being called a "New Yorker"

Not many people in NYC would consider a speed limit reduction abuse...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kalvado

Quote from: Rothman on April 22, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
Quote from: kalvado on April 22, 2024, 09:26:34 AM

Not many people in NYC would consider a speed limit reduction abuse...
I am not sure how to feel about overall trends in NYC.
On one hand, Manhattan is obviously running over capacity. Hence congestion pricing, limiting speeds, trouble dance with medallions, uber, Airbnb.
And although public transportation is better than anywhere else in US, my understanding is that it is not really an option for many people. Not that there is a lot of spare capacity in MTA as well.
Should I call that catch-22?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.