News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Random Thoughts
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on Today at 07:08:32 AM
Quote from: jgb191 on Today at 12:02:16 AMI was connecting at Hobby Airport yesterday and at the gate next to where I was boarding for my onward flight back home, I overheard this:

Southwest Airlines gate agent (calmly): "Good Evening sir, what airport are you flying to tonight?"
Southwest Airlines Passenger (upset):  "I'm going to California ma'am."
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "Okay, do you know which airport?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (irate):  "I just told you, California!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calmly): "I understand sir, but which airport exactly?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (angrily):  "What part of 'California' do you not understand ma'am?!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "There are a lot of airports in California, I just need to know which one."
Southwest Airlines passenger (blows fuse):  "I need to speak to your manager, NOW!!!"

I felt really terrible; it seems that airline agents are kicked in the head way more than any other customer service profession.  I wish airlines would provide trauma assistance every week for their employees.

Campbeltown Airport in Scotland it is then. (IATA code: CAL)

At least you'd be able to drink some Springbank.
Off-Topic / Re: How do you define the Midw...
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 10:33:14 AM
I would bet it's a line marking 40 miles away from West Virginia or less.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Kentucky
Last post by seicer - Today at 10:24:51 AM
New Google Map aerials for the Richwood Road interchange project are now available here. I wasn't aware they had built an interchange at US 25. Interestingly, there is a very wide overpass for CSX's CC line, which was recently downgraded and single-tracked for most of its length. I wonder if they are planning for a small yard or passing track here, but given that this line isn't growing - perhaps it's for wishful thinking?
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: New US 51 - Cairo Bridge
Last post by seicer - Today at 10:16:25 AM
If anyone is interested, I have a writeup and photo gallery of Cairo at my site, Abandoned: https://abandonedonline.net/location/cairo/
Traffic Control / Re: FADED Beyond Recognition
Last post by formulanone - Today at 10:09:04 AM
Almost all of the shields on Tennessee Truck 7 in Ardmore look like this:

Mountain West / Re: I-40/US 93 West Kingman In...
Last post by triplemultiplex - Today at 10:07:22 AM
"Character" in this context sounds to me like impatient morons pulling into freeway-speed traffic and surprising long distance drivers not used to seeing cross traffic for the last hour. :ded:

<activate collision avoidance algorithm>
On the other hand, there are plenty of barge terminals along the rivers that are not right in towns already, so it's not like those facilities are dependent on there being a community right there.

As long as someone is willing to keep paying for upkeep of levees, might as well let "Cay-ro" die a natural death rather than ruffle feathers by having the government put it out of its misery.  Some future flood will do that for you if you wait long enough.  :-P
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by seicer - Today at 09:51:48 AM
🍆

Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on May 07, 2024, 12:23:36 PMAs always, it's more about how people from a certain place define themselves than outside opinions.

I would love to see how Ohio breaks down. My guess is there is a line, roughly along the I-77 corridor, that separates the Ohioans who think they are in the east from the Ohioans who think they are in the midwest.
Last post by jlam - Today at 09:38:51 AM
Maybe the people in CO, ID, MT, and WY were a little confused. They are in the middle of the west, after all (but most certainly not in the midwest).

The Tennesseans, however, are trolling.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.