Any road meets in Utah this year?

Started by authenticroadgeek, March 01, 2016, 09:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

authenticroadgeek

Preferably in the Salt Lake/Provo area IN THE SUMMER because remember I still have school. :clap:

oscar

Best way to get a road meet in your preferred place and time is to set one up yourself, and see if anyone shows interest. Salt Lake was considered as an alternate site for last year's Denver meet, so some interest is probably there.

I'm an unlikely at this point, with a busy summer calendar. Also, I visited the Salt Lake/Provo area last year on my way to the Denver meet, so less motivation for me to go back so soon.

See "How to Host a Successful Road Meet" for tips. One tip is it helps to know a good local place to eat lunch (good food, space for people to gather, good parking availability), something I'm woefully deficient at.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jpi

Quote from: authenticroadgeek on March 01, 2016, 09:36:59 AM
Preferably in the Salt Lake/Provo area IN THE SUMMER because remember I still have school. :clap:

Wow! You and Noel should get along great!
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

corco

I was thinking Salt Lake for the next western meet I host (I hosted Denver last year), but I probably won't have the stomach to try to convince people to go that far west again for a meet until 2019 or 2020. If somebody else wants to host one sooner, I'd likely be able to make it.

jpi

2019? If in July I could tie it in with my every other year trip to Albuquerque, NM  :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.