News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Podcasts you enjoy?

Started by OCGuy81, March 31, 2023, 03:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCGuy81

Are there podcasts that you subscribe to?  If so, what are some of your favorite ones, and what are they about? I'm always looking for new ones.

A few I enjoy:

- Raiders of the Lost Podcast - Two brothers talk movies.  Sometimes it's about a particular film, other times a director highlight, or a year in movies.

- Parks and Recollection - Deep dives into each episode of Parks and Recreation.

hbelkins

I subscribe to these and listen regularly:

The Mark Levin Show.

Dan Bongino.

Andrew Cooperrider (Kentucky political commentator and candidate).

In the Litter Box with Jewels and Catturd.

Verdict with Ted Cruz.

I subscribe to the below but don't get to listen to them often:

Louder with Crowder.

The Matt Walsh Show.

The Charlie Kirk Show.

The Ben Shapiro Show.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

I enjoy Jimmy Dore, Glenn Greenwald, Kim Iversen, and others.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Sctvhound

Mostly sports related. Tony Kornheiser, a few different podcasts about sports announcing, Holy City Hoops (College of Charleston basketball), 3 Guys before the Game (West Virginia University sports), a couple of Yankees ones.

Takumi

The only one I listen to is Billy Corgan's Thirty-Three.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

OCGuy81

Quote from: Takumi on April 01, 2023, 11:18:49 PM
The only one I listen to is Billy Corgan's Thirty-Three.

I loved the Smashing Pumpkins! I might have to have a listen.

US 41

Quote from: hbelkins on April 01, 2023, 09:15:36 PM
I subscribe to these and listen regularly:

The Mark Levin Show.

I listen to him everyday. He's hilarious. His show / podcast is the only one I listen to regularly, and I've been a fan for 15 years now.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

vdeane

I've been moving away from podcasts since finding time to listen to things isn't always easy.  That said, I continue to listen to The Delta Flyers (though it will probably wrap up this year, since they're already in season 7), which is Garret Wang and Robert Duncan McNeil recapping their experience working on each episode of Star Trek: Voyager.  I also listen to both TrekMovie podcasts, All Access Star Trek, which focuses on news and reviewing each episode each week, and the Shuttlepod, which is more oriented towards fun discussions (such as "the best of the weird episodes") but sometimes does reviews as well (they're currently doing an episode for every two of Picard season 3 because they like it that much).  I also read the show notes for Security Now, though I haven't listened to the actual audio (or other TWiT shows) in years.

I also used to listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Common Sense, though the latter hasn't uploaded regularly in years and I realized I enjoyed the former much more back before the episodes became five hour long behemoths.  He does a very good job telling the story of historical events and periods - five hours all at once is just too much to easily handle for me.  At some point it went from a podcast to an audiobook series that still calls and releases itself a podcast (sort of - current episodes are free, but after a while they go into the paid archive).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JoePCool14

If I listen to any podcasts, it's usually while on the road, and they're usually Formula 1-related.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

skluth

I listen on my cell phone either while walking or driving. Somewhat in order:

• The Friendly Atheist
  • Star Talk with Neil DeGrasse Tyson
  • Science Friday
  • Green 19 (Packers but only during the season as I'm tired of the This Week in Rodgers offseason)
  • 365 Days of Astronomy

JayhawkCO

The only two I subscribe to are Armchair Expert and RadioLab.

Scott5114

I don't listen to any myself, but my wife is a big fan of "Small Town Murder", which is a show where two comedians tell a true-crime murder story while making fun of the small towns where the crime happened, their (usually bumbling) cops, and the murderers. The premise sounds weird on paper but it's surprisingly good.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bruce

A few of my regular listens:

- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History: Releases infrequently, but each hours-long installment is perfect for a long roadtrip drive. Deeply engaging and well-researched.
- Behind the Bastards: Smaller bites with decent research and plenty of dark humor. Due to the format (with revolving guests), some episodes are hit or miss.
- Trash Taste: Great banter and chemistry between the 3 hosts, but generally awful takes. The semi-frequent specials are great, as are many of the guests.
- Abroad in Japan: Little snippets of news and commentary about life in Japan from an expat there and a quirky sidekick host.
- Good Seats Available: Sports history with a focus on the weirder side.
- 99% Invisible: Roman Mars's classic look into everyday design that answers questions I never knew to ask.
- Mossback: Snippets of Northwest history in a calm setting.

ET21

Active podcasts I listen too:

-Steve Dahl Podcast: Old Chicago DJ that I've enjoyed for almost 20 years of my life
-ESPN PTI: Just an audio version of the TV show
-Tapcaf Transmissions: Two Star Wars YouTubers read/talk about legends/canon books.
-Star Wars Explained: Just an audio version of their longer videos
-The Weekly Planet: Two nerds talk about nerdy comics/TV shows/movies.
-The Sams Report: Weekly recap of tech news (mostly Microsoft/Xbox side).

Defunct Podcasts that haven't posted in awhile:
-Car Throttle Podcast: Bunch of petrolheads from the UK
-Sox Degrees: Len Kasper/Jason Benetti talk to White Sox players/coaches/affiliates.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

SP Cook

- Tony Kornheiser
- Sports Business Journal Morning Buzzcast
- Last Word on Sports Media
- Marchand and Ourand Sports Media

Generally try to keep a history based one going, but its hard to find a good one.  Most are people that know little about the subject and just read from books. 

Politics podcasts are not my thing. 

abefroman329

Telehell, We Hate Movies, That Week in SNL.

I used to listen to podcasts during my commute, but now that I don't have one, it's pretty much only on long car trips where I'm alone in the car.

golden eagle

Countdown with Keith Olbermann
Daily Beans
The Bob Cesca Show
The Professional Left Podcast
Various Florida Gators podcasts (including on YouTube)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.