Regional Boards > Central States

I-44/US-75 Interchange Reconstruction(Tulsa)

(1/20) > >>

Plutonic Panda:
OkDOT is proposing to reconstruct the I-44/US-75 interchange in Tulsa. The project will also affect I-44 from I-244 to the east side of the Arkansas river bridge. Not sure if that means they will rebuild that bridge. I haven't been on that bridge in a minute so I can't remember if it needs it or not. It will also affect a small stretch of US-75 as well. Hopefully OkDOT will propose all direct connector ramps. I fucking hate cloverleafs with a passion for freeway to freeway interchanges.

--- Quote ---   
Where:
Daniel Webster High School Auditorium
1919 West 40th Street
Tulsa, OK 74107 (Map)

When:
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Public Meeting format
Presentation at 6 p.m.

Purpose:
The purpose of the Public Meeting is to inform the public and obtain input on proposed improvements to the I-44 corridor between I-244 and the Arkansas River, including reconstruction of the I-44 & US-75 interchange in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This stretch of highway has a high accident rate, and will not adequately accommodate future traffic volumes. ODOT has reviewed several design options which were evaluated and compiled into a preferred alternative for the corridor.

- https://www.ok.gov/odot/Programs_and_Projects/Public_Meetings_and_Hearings/20171102_I-44.html
--- End quote ---

Project Limits

Scott5114:
This interchange is a mess, and honestly this probably should have been done years ago.

Plutonic Panda:
Iím not too familiar with it only used it a couple of times but from the looks of it just from googla.... uh yeah, itís time

sparker:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 28, 2017, 04:59:55 AM ---This interchange is a mess, and honestly this probably should have been done years ago.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 28, 2017, 05:15:28 AM ---I’m not too familiar with it only used it a couple of times but from the looks of it just from googla.... uh yeah, it’s time

--- End quote ---

Unless they're rural, with a relatively low traffic count -- and include C/D lanes on both intersecting routes, with at least 30mph loops -- freeway-to-freeway cloverleaf interchanges are inherently inappropriate.  Unfortunately, to financially strapped DOT's they represent a relatively cheap but usable -- if not optimal -- option (e.g. the nascent I-22/269 interchange in MS). 

Baloo Uriza:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 28, 2017, 04:59:55 AM ---This interchange is a mess, and honestly this probably should have been done years ago.

--- End quote ---

No kidding.  I hate trying to get onto 75 in either direction here thanks to the high traffic flow usually causing a stoppage at the yield sign.  At a minimum, 75 needs a distributor road like 44 has.  At least when you get stuck at the yield into the distributor for 44, it's much more brief and you're getting into traffic moving at a moderate speed, not the 105+ km/h that 75 is doing at the bottom of the hill, into an immediate steepish climb in either way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version