News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Fix Proposal: For A Bottleneck Intersection

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, October 02, 2018, 10:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

So, with the understanding that no one will come find me after disclosing the address of my school, we can move forward! :awesomeface:

Recently, traffic at my school, specifically the intersection of N 7th and F St. has had symptoms of induced demand and has caused a bottleneck to form at the intersection.

Our peak morning hours would be: 8:00am through 8:45am.

Our peak afternoon hours would be: 3:00pm through 4:30pm.

These are side streets, with F having stops on the east and west sides, 7th is a nonstop (at this point).

622 N 7th, Forth Smith, AR

The availability for student (and general) parking seems to be a factor in speed in the morning and subsiding in the evening (with those that are parked curbside leaving). Parents (being human, hopefully) are taking the route of least resistance (traffic), but as a result, that is causing a bottleneck. We might actually see a widening of both streets in years to come (in direct correlation with the student population growth).

Thanks!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.