News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mid-Atlantic / Re: West Virginia Turnpike
Last post by hbelkins - Today at 03:32:40 PM
I've been hung up in stopped traffic westbound on I-64 between Dunbar/Institute and Teays Valley/Hurricane many, many times. The current construction situation at the westernmost Kanawha River crossing (between the Nitro and St. Albans exits) is messy, but hopefully once it's done, things will improve.
Off-Topic / Re: New Oklahoma City Skyscrap...
Last post by Henry - Today at 03:29:52 PM
It'll go the same way as the Chicago Spire, which would've dwarfed One World Trade Center by some 200 feet and change.
Sports / Re: BASE-BALL
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 03:28:19 PM
Quote from: Takumi on Today at 12:13:43 PM
Quote from: epzik8 on April 10, 2024, 03:16:50 PMLooks like I've officially missed my chance to catch Jackson Holliday just up the road from me in Aberdeen. The Orioles have called him up.
He'd been in Norfolk before he got called up.

I did see him last year when he was with the Baysox visiting Richmond. Cedric Mullins and John Means were also there on rehab assignments.

I've definitely heard some nice things about the Norfolk Tides, and I'd imagine they were a boon to all of those guys.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 03:26:08 PM
Quote from: webny99 on Today at 03:21:35 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 12:50:20 PMSimilarly, places where you CAN'T book an appointment online. My doctor recently retired, so I needed to find a new practice to get a physical. Almost no doctor's offices near me let me book appointments online.

Agreed in general, but doctor's offices feel like a potential the exception to the rule. They usually have fairly rigorous approval and sign up processes for new patients (if they're even accepting them at all) so it makes sense they would want to speak to you first and verify personal information etc.

When I called, all they asked me was my name and what kind of insurance I had. Not too rigorous if you ask me.
General Highway Talk / Re: Roads that you have been o...
Last post by Amaury - Today at 03:21:52 PM
Washington State Route 504 twice when I went to Johnston Ridge Observatory, once by myself in 2021 and once with my mom in 2022. There was a landside that wiped out one of the bridges last year, not too long before it was supposed to open for the season. It's not permanent, though, and they've been working on repairing it. I don't know what the current progress is.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by webny99 - Today at 03:21:35 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 12:50:20 PMSimilarly, places where you CAN'T book an appointment online. My doctor recently retired, so I needed to find a new practice to get a physical. Almost no doctor's offices near me let me book appointments online.

Agreed in general, but doctor's offices feel like a potential the exception to the rule. They usually have fairly rigorous approval and sign up processes for new patients (if they're even accepting them at all) so it makes sense they would want to speak to you first and verify personal information etc.
Traffic Control / Re: Here to There Photo Game
Last post by Henry - Today at 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: hotdogPi on April 17, 2024, 03:20:16 PMJumps from one city to another with the same name are explicitly allowed by the rules.
Quote from: Jim on April 17, 2024, 05:44:40 PMThey are, but then you immediately play something that you can get to from Clermont, GA, by a single route.  Or put a different way, you can play off a Clermont play in any state as if it came from a Clermont in any other state.
I just remembered, I've done the exact same thing you just mentioned, so disregard my last comment (I'll let the new starting point of Clermont, GA stand). Carry on...
I think the correct solution is to restore the post, and if needed (I would personally leave it as-is), have just the small portion that mentioned kneeling for the flag removed.
General Highway Talk / Re: Roads that you have been o...
Last post by hbelkins - Today at 03:04:21 PM
I've driven on both I-95 in Philly and the Key Bridge.

I've also driven a bunch of roads in Kentucky that ended up being severely damaged by flooding or slides.
Quote from: hbelkins on April 16, 2024, 07:10:22 PMMy comment on the Calipari/Pope situation appears to have been deleted.

If a post gets deleted, it would be nice for the guilty moderator to drop a private note to the person whose post got deleted telling them so, and why.

This isn't the first time that I've had a post deleted with no explanation.

If the almighty moderators here are going to exercise their absolute power to delete on-topic posts, they should at least have the decency to explain that decision, at least privately to the person whose post got deleted.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.