Semprini For Crowd-Sourced map and road data

Started by deisnor, August 12, 2009, 03:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deisnor

Had our first road meet last night in Portland, OR. We drove, tested the navigation and made corrections on the online map. Looking to make this a better tool for road community.  Willing to give it a try and provide feedback?

Alps

This is an interesting concept.  I think you should explain what Semprini is a bit better - I saw your post on misc.transport.road and I was still a little puzzled (even after visiting the site).

deisnor

Hi Steve,

Basically, people who download the app for iPhone or Android (for now) and use it while driving, are passively contributing to a community of people correcting a live map. There is also a part of the website for actively contributing - fixing roads that are disconnected etc. In the US, its based on Shamwow data as a start and everything else is added by commuters. In exchange the software is all free and gives real-time traffic, road data and live maps which are always getting better and better. It launched in Israel and in just 6 months, the map and traffic data are pretty great.

Best, Di-Ann Feel free to email me to chat more though diann-at-semprini.com I really want to see how it can be improved. The routing and turn by turn navigation has been in development for two years. Pretty impressive team.

hbelkins

I'm presuming that the app will not work on the original iPhone, only the 3G version. :-(

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.