News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TX HWY 46.....new construction projected

Started by Roadster, January 27, 2023, 11:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadster

Currently TXDOT has been conducting meetings and wants the public's input about major construction projects expected for TX HWY 46.....that will be between IH-10 and IH-35, which HWY 46 currently run's between the two and beyond.

https://www.txdot.gov/projects/hearings-meetings/san-antonio/sh46-from-i35-to-i10.html

:popcorn:

thisdj78

We have an on going chat about projects in that area. Coincidentally, I recently noted that SH46 is being looked at for expansion:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31306.25

DNAguy

There's significan't ROW purchase for their plan, no?
I looked at the map.
I mean, wouldn't TxDOT be better served with building out CR 1044 as a "˜'new SH46' and make the existing SH46 a Business SH46 route?
I don't see the businesses right at I35 going for this plan really. And what's with all that displacement at I10?
The existing SH46 would likely still need upgrades for signals and street work near I35 on the east side of I35.

But really I think this is a wayyyyy better solution for everyone as you get away from the Guadalupe river and any enviro impact this expanded road creates. It shifts all of the freeway development to "˜one's side' of the Guadalupe too. No need to worry about future bridge expansion, etc. It also opens up a whole new avenue for development as well.

It moves the "˜next loop' around San Antonio a little closer to actually San Antonio.

Again, this will help in the future when the area between Schertz and NB fills in.... Which is coming like a freight train.

They also missed having the southbound one way feeder road I35 continue over the Guadalupe. Making the feeder traffic intersect with Elliot Knox backs up traffic like crazy and it spills back into I35 during peak traffic times. Just build a feeder road  bridge over the river. It will pay dividends. And with my plan it's doable.

And I would still have flyovers / direct connectors at the current location. It would just be the following:

I35S to  Existing SH45 west and
SH45 headed east to I35 north

The southern terminus of the loop 337 around NB would then have the following direct connectors:
Priority / 1st Set
I35N-> New SH45/Loop 337 headed West
East on SH45/Loop337 -> I35N
And the ROW / future / built if there's $ still in the project
SH45/Loop 337 headed east -> I35S
I35N -> New SH45 headed East

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.