News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Option to pin a post

Started by kalvado, February 20, 2023, 11:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalvado

Is it possible to pin a summary post in a long thread?
Case in point: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18020.1350 , replies 1357 and below.

webny99

The question would be, who gets to write the summary?  :sombrero:

kalvado

Quote from: webny99 on February 20, 2023, 01:04:24 PM
The question would be, who gets to write the summary?  :sombrero:
Actually for that particular thread I would challenge you to write something non-controversal  :bigass:
Or maybe @Rothman would be so kind...
There were a few posts in that thread which  give a nice summary on effects on through traffic, add  NYSDOT project timeline - and that's pretty much it.

webny99

Quote from: kalvado on February 20, 2023, 01:40:51 PM
Actually for that particular thread I would challenge you to write something non-controversal  :bigass:

Well, this might be a start:

Quote from: webny99 on February 16, 2023, 04:00:36 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 16, 2023, 03:38:03 PM
... how many lanes is the replacement boluevard? How much money would replacing it cost vs the current project? And how crowded is I-81 through Syracuse now, as well as I-481?

Yes, that has all been discussed before... most of it at length. The replacement boulevard would be, to my knowledge, four lanes; the boulevard is somewhat cheaper than the viaduct replacement but both are expensive projects even by NY standards.

The viaduct is usually fine, traffic-wise, in my experience. Heading southbound, the transition from I-690 to I-81 is annoying because the curves are substandard and it drops to a single lane for a short span, but the overall volumes are manageable for a four-lane freeway. There are a few trouble spots on I-481 that could use widening, especially near I-690, but nothing like the traffic problems seen in larger cities.

Scott5114

Quote from: kalvado on February 20, 2023, 11:30:55 AM
Is it possible to pin a summary post in a long thread?
Case in point: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=18020.1350 , replies 1357 and below.

No. Only threads can be pinned. The other posts are shown in the order the reader sets their preferences to, which by default is oldest to newest. If you are the OP of the thread you could edit a summary into your first post of the thread, but otherwise you're out of luck.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.