News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Alabama

Started by codyg1985, November 02, 2011, 07:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Quote from: froggie on April 18, 2024, 07:09:26 PMThe better question:  what magical pot of new money is ALDOT going to use to maintain all of their new responsibilities?  It's not like they're flush with cash...even if they drop some other routes as Alex implies.  4-lane roads and big bridges inherently cost more than 2-lane country roads...

If they're savvy, they'd hire a consultant to apply for and then do the subsequent reporting for one of the many discretionary grant programs...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: Alex on April 18, 2024, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: HemiCRZ on April 18, 2024, 01:32:53 PMGov. Ivey has announced today that the State of Alabama is purchasing the Foley Beach Express toll bridge in Baldwin County for around $60 million. The entire beach express route from I-10 is now slated to become SR 161.

So SR 180 will be truncated west from the Foley Beach Express and replaced with an extension of SR 161. 26 miles of state maintained roads gained.

What is ALDOT going to truncate to offset that? They cut 32 miles in 2004 with the decommissioning of SR 112 but added 16 miles with the extension of SR 181.
The cut 3.8 miles from SR 180 in 2019 and dropped State Park Road 2 which was 3 miles long and SR 135 in 2016 which was 2.1 miles.

AL 62, maybe?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.