News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Frequently Asked Question Place

Started by roadman65, November 10, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Is it possible to have an FAQ section that ALL users could go to for answers, referrals, and links to informative websites that many of us could learn from? 

I think that would be interesting and maybe even give us more information as well as more topics to discuss.  Plus, it would help orient new users as well.  It might help ease their curiosity as many are here to learn about roads from experts and the road geek conversations.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 10, 2012, 08:47:56 PM
http://www.roadfan.com/mtrfaq.html probably fits the bill.

I could create a redirect board for that if Alex thinks it would be a good idea. ;)

vdeane

If we were going to do that, might it be a good idea to host a revised/updated version on AA Roads?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: deanej on November 11, 2012, 12:00:56 PM
If we were going to do that, might it be a good idea to host a revised/updated version on AA Roads?
If you have any updates or corrections, you can email Marc Fannin at musxf579@hotmail.com
If he doesn't reply to you within 24 hrs, let me know and I'll see if he is still interested.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

vdeane

Is he still maintaining it?  The top of the page has this:
QuoteNote: The FAQ has not been revised since 2007. Much of the information is also available at Wikipedia, which has a road section, and may be more up-to-date. Any inquiries may be submitted via e-mail (see Question 100 at bottom).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alps

If I may, www.alpsroads.net/roads/faq.html is another resource with common abbreviations and terminology. It has a lot more than Marc's site, and I'm actively updating.

Jardine

Molandfreak

Indeed, I exhume year-old threads with one-word posts.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Jardine

after being tweak about an FAQ . . .

:pan:

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.