News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Road Trip to the Magdalen Islands

Started by ghYHZ, September 13, 2015, 03:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghYHZ

Here's a few Hotel options and for anyone into B&Bs....some pretty nice ones:

http://www.tourismeilesdelamadeleine.com/en/where-to-sleep/

...and get your bike rentals here:

http://www.tourismeilesdelamadeleine.com/en/veli-velo/bicycle-rentals/

And as you can see in my photos above...most of QC199 has paved shoulders.

froggie

QuoteCross over to PEI on the ferry than come back on the bridge.....it's cheaper. The ferry is free going over and to return on the bridge....$45. The other way.... would be free on the bridge but $75 to return on the ferry.

This is a bit of a change.  I recall the bridge and the ferry being within about $5 of each other back in 2009.

ghYHZ

Quote from: froggie on September 16, 2015, 08:43:27 AM
QuoteCross over to PEI on the ferry than come back on the bridge…..it’s cheaper. The ferry is free going over and to return on the bridge….$45. The other way.... would be free on the bridge but $75 to return on the ferry.

This is a bit of a change.  I recall the bridge and the ferry being within about $5 of each other back in 2009.

Bridge toll in 2009 was $42.50 and the ferry....$68 ($63 + $5 fuel surcharge)......at least on the bridge there was no fuel charge!

Alps

Quote from: froggie on September 16, 2015, 08:43:27 AM
QuoteCross over to PEI on the ferry than come back on the bridge.....it's cheaper. The ferry is free going over and to return on the bridge....$45. The other way.... would be free on the bridge but $75 to return on the ferry.

As long as I can recall, they've never been close. The NS ferry was always much longer than NB so it was always more expensive.

froggie

Perhaps my memory's a bit fuzzy then...

yakra

ghYHZ, some of those photos shot in low-light conditions look pretty impressively clear. What do you use for camera equipment?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

webfil

Quote from: ghYHZ on September 13, 2015, 03:15:26 PM

Isn't that a case of oversignage and redundant signage rendundancy?

I count 3 large signs, 4 medium signs and 1 shield assembly in the same picture (200 metres). Two of the BBS are Coastal Drive welcome signs...

ghYHZ

Quote from: yakra on September 19, 2015, 02:29:00 AM
ghYHZ, some of those photos shot in low-light conditions look pretty impressively clear. What do you use for camera equipment?

Thanks....I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out.

Camera:  Nothing special.....just a Canon Rebel T2i with a standard lens on auto settings but I did use the ships railing and a seatback to steady the camera.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.